Nothing As It Seems

MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone know what effect McCready uses on NAIS?Yes i know theres a delay pedal in there but i can hear some kind of modulation effect as well-is it his rotovibe?
Cornell pwns u
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    MetalGod75 wrote:
    Anyone know what effect McCready uses on NAIS?Yes i know theres a delay pedal in there but i can hear some kind of modulation effect as well-is it his rotovibe?

no, it's the Hughes and Kettner rotosphere. potentially some kind of phaser as well. It might even be one of the phasey delay patches on the DL-4

check out rickp's picks at http://www.giventowail.com

actually they have a Fender Blender noted as the NAIS pedal.

it's ultra rare, so good luck if you are looking for that sound.

Essentially I think the fender blender is a fairly thick fuzz, with an upper octave you can blend in, you can hear the upper octave big time on mikes solos on that tune.

One pedal that I know is similar is the Fulltone Ultimate Octave.

Another that might work well for you is the UFO fuzz from Homebrew Electronics.

Lots of other people make similar effects as well.

I know Who's Pearl Jam has an Experience pedal from Perscription Electronics that will work.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • fender blender is the sound youre talking about.

verrry rare as the guy above me said.

i looked one up somewhere.. selling for over 350 dollars.

If you use a wah pedal and slight delay you can mimic the sound farely well (the sharp pull in the chorus i assume is what youre talking about).
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    I think Mike didn't p/u the Rotosphere until Riot Act. But anyway I use an old ibanez analog delay, rotosphere, & Dunlop Hendrix Octave Fuzz for that sound. You can mix a really light bit of flange also for something really nice. Also with the delay, dry your sound up, it really strengthens the attack of the delay.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen