Anyone bought the new Hendrix pedal by Digitech?

MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Im real interested in this pedal i was wondering if anyone has tried 1 out or bought one on here?
Cornell pwns u
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    as much as I do like my digiverb and some of the other X series pedals and the concept anyway.

The Hendrix pedal is kind of like selling bibles, or school in the summer time.....

No class.

They are trading on name and that's about it. You want hendrix and good tone, you pretty much have to earn it. It ain't coming in a little purple box. It's interesting, but it also takes a behemoth to engage the stomper in side.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    as much as I do like my digiverb and some of the other X series pedals and the concept anyway.

The Hendrix pedal is kind of like selling bibles, or school in the summer time.....

No class.

They are trading on name and that's about it. You want hendrix and good tone, you pretty much have to earn it. It ain't coming in a little purple box. It's interesting, but it also takes a behemoth to engage the stomper in side.
    woah dude,i only want 2 know what it sounds like?!
    Cornell pwns u
  • MetalGod75 wrote:
    woah dude,i only want 2 know what it sounds like?!
    but he's right you know.

no clue how it sounds myself.. i wouldn't use one for those reasons he said anyway
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    anytime you come across something that big and that purple, it's going to be a bad day....

i have no idea how it sounds, and i hate their marketing....

but if you try it, and it's got a sound that, while maybe not the hendrix-esque things intended, sounds good to you, go for it.

which is sort of the attitude i take towards line 6 stuff. no, it probably doesn't sound like the real thing it's trying to model, but there are good sounds to be had once you let go of "it's supposed to sound like this".
  • its not worth it, i fooled around with it for 2 min
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • my friend says he can get the same sound with a fuzz box and wah pedal. go figure.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • i bet if McCready used one you'd all want one!:)From what you've said it must be shit then;)
    Cornell pwns u
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    MetalGod75 wrote:
    i bet if McCready used one you'd all want one!:)From what you've said it must be shit then;)

Probably true. It's an interesting concept on the right amp, it might sound ok. It's probably not complete shit. I can think of better ways to spend 200 bucks for myself though. It just depends what you want out of it really. Everyone I know that's tried it says it's not worth the scratch.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 6 years ago i bought this Jim Dunlop Hendrix Fuzz Wah and it sucked i bought it for $100 and after a year i was trying to sell it no one wants to buy it for $80 but finally i sold it for $30 to a kid, LOL that sucked, i sucked too