ARGH!!!!Someone PLEASE help with my Ipod!!!!!!!!!

MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I got the 60gb video ipod but im having some problems with it that are REALLY pissing me off hopefully someone can help?
I had nearly 7000 tunes on it at one point then all of a sudden one day it wouldnt update anymore songs.......every time i tried to update it itunes would lockup and task manager says not responding?!?!?!?!
so i tried reinstalling itunes first...........same thing
then i tried reseting my ipod............Still the same?!?!?!?
then itunes tells me ive got to restore my ipod to its original settings losing all my mp3's..........after lots of thought(i didnt want to lose all my mp3's)i finally thought ok maybe it'll sort out the problem.........so i reset it lost all those tunes strated to upload again did about 5 albums then stopped again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then i thought maybe my cable is faulty so i bought another and it started to upload..it did about 50 songs and then it happened AGAIN!!!!!!!!locked up itunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I RUN OUT OF IDEAS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Cornell pwns u
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I had a similar problem once. All my songs were deleted off and everything. I don't know what the problem is, but I can tell you what I did. I ended up going to my friends house, who has all the same albums on his computer, and used the SAME cable that wouldn't work at my house, and put them all on. Then I went home and it started working. Why? I don't know, but that's what worked. Also, in the toolbar in the bottom right, there might be a green little icon, right click it and hit disengage mass storage device or something, and then try it.

Hope this helps!
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    First thing, make sure all your music is backed up, either on your hard drive, or an external drive. Or do what the above poster said and get it off your friends. You're totally screwed if you don't have backups. Try Apple customer service too, if they're unhelpful, chances are pretty slim that they would/could recover the data in the event that your iPod's hard drive crashed and died.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • the biggest misconception about ipods is the transfer of MP3 data. You cannot take yoru ipod to a friends house, and give him 7000 songs.or if you delete them off yoru computer, you cannot transfer them from yoru ipod back on (in theory, there is programs for it, but most are sketchy) allways keep yoru files on your computer. I still rock the discman, no point ripping a couple hundred CD's when i could just throw them in the car or discman quicker than scrolling through a menu. Although the ipod is a couple pounds less.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19