Gibson LGO

mhterrapinmhterrapin Posts: 99
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone have any thoughts on this guitar? I played a 1967 LGO at a guitar store this weekend and I liked it a lot, I'm just not familiar with older Gibson acoustics.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    That's LG-0 (zero). It's actually quite a low end Gibson. These have a Mahogany top, back, sides, and neck, Bound body, one-stripe rosette, 14/20-fret rosewood fretboard with pearl dot inlay, rosewood straight bridge with pearl dot inlay, white bridge pins, blackface peghead with screened logo, three-per-side nickel tuners with plastic buttons, available in Natural finish, mfg from 1958-1974.
    IN 1962, plastic screw-on bridge replaced original part/design. In 1963, redesigned tortoise pickguard replaced original design. In 1966, rosewood reverse bridge replaced previous part/design. In 1969 spruce top and standard bridge replaced previous part/design. In 1970, veneerless peghead replaced original part/design, black pickguard replaced previous part/design.

Okay . . .
    EXCELLENT condition for this guitar should sell between $450-$525 (remember, that's excellent condition, meaning almost perfect condition, no or very few finish cracks, no nicks or dings, everything original, ect, ect).
    AVERAGE price for this instrument sells between $250-$300.

Personally I dislike mahogany guitars because they just seem to sound too dark and mellow, and seem to lack articulation, but that's just me - if you like it and it's a fair price what's stopping you (the only thing that should stop you is if they want to much for it). If you like it, offer them fair value for it (the prices I gave you are out of the CURRENT 2006 blue book).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. It did have a very dark and mellow sound to it, which I liked. Everything on it was original besides the tuners. The body was in excellent condition. The only scratches on it were on the pickguard. It was flawless everywhere else. I went ahead and got it for $400, I just couldn't resist.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    mhterrapin wrote:
    thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. It did have a very dark and mellow sound to it, which I liked. Everything on it was original besides the tuners. The body was in excellent condition. The only scratches on it were on the pickguard. It was flawless everywhere else. I went ahead and got it for $400, I just couldn't resist.

Congrats on the buy!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V