new pickups to get 92-92 McCready tone

PappasPappas Posts: 809
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey guys, i recently bought a new guitar, its a strat copy but a decent one 'Bridgecraft'

check out reviews of it here its pretty good for the price

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Bridgecraft/GE3911R+Strat+Copy/10/1

im getting new better strings for it. it already has a nice strat sound but i want to get it sounding better i was told changing the pickups was the way to go? i have an expert guitar player as an uncle and he can modify the guitar however i want. what pickups and guitar setups can you guys recommend? i want to get it as close to sounding like Mike's strat does in early pearl jam stuff like Temple of the Dog, Ten etc

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    As for gear. the rotovibe, wah, and TS-9 are needed.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Wow, sorry, I thought you said gear setup instead of guitar set up. Terribly sorry...kinda sucks that my 500th post is a mistake post. Oh well, good luck!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Fender 57/62's have worked wonders for me, fairly priced 3 pickup set too...

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Keep in mind that 90% percent of a persons tone is the person playing it.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/