Options

A second Mansfield show!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I agree that mansfield blows traffic wise getting to and from the tweeter. Id prefer Boston myself but inthe grand scheme of things Im just happy they are touring the east. WOuld have preferred Boston however.

Yeah, it really doesn't matter where they play in the Northeast, I'll be there!
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Mansfield I, II & III (The Experiment) 2003
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    kelinprov wrote:
    Just floating this out there....Could a 2nd show possibly at fenway? The Red Sox are on the road for 10 days around the time of the Mansfield show. I actually was lurking around some of the posts to see if anyone had speculated on this. Thoughts???

http://forums.pearljam.com/images/icons/icon5.gif
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    go yankees
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    kelinprov wrote:
    Just floating this out there....Could a 2nd show possibly at fenway? The Red Sox are on the road for 10 days around the time of the Mansfield show. I actually was lurking around some of the posts to see if anyone had speculated on this. Thoughts???
    I gotta say that I am so psyched that the boys are coming back to Mass!

I will be there with my daughter Shae, who was LUCKY enough to get up on stage in Boston and hand Eddie flowers, then have SMILE played for her!!!! Ed tossed me his harmonica towards the end and I handed it to her. She was 9 in '06.

We still talk about that night like it was yesterday. She was so inspired by that one moment that Shae has since taken up guitar and is pretty good for an 11 yr old.

I was just thinking that maybe...

Well, the Sox are out of town for a while that week and there are no dates set so far for the weekend before they play Mansfield.....

Just sticking my neck out there hoping for all of the things that I love to come together in one moment in time:
    PJ, Red Sox, Fenway Park, My daughter.

Hey, a guy can hope, can't he???

We'll see ya at the show!

Let's do it!
  • Options
    VMGACg wrote:
    go yankees

yeah go to the bottom of the division.

hahahahahahahahahahahah..

the Yankees are all done!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    im gonna sound selfish but i am hoping for 2 additional Mansfield shows :)
    although, i would love a Fenway show or even changing it up to the Garden so we dont have to keep going to mansfield. I like walking across the street to the bars afterwards.

oh and yes the yanks are all done. Those days are over
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    the gah-den would of been much more convenient but tweeter is beautiful that time of year.

if they are going to be adding xtra shows anywhere it's gotta be Mansfield!! (wishing,praying,hoping)
  • Options
    brainofjb wrote:
    although, i would love a Fenway show or even changing it up to the Garden so we dont have to keep going to mansfield. I like walking across the street to the bars afterwards.

if they did Fenway the ticket price would be crazy.i like the garden cuz i take the train into Boston(it's my designated driver)and the bars being "across the street" is definitely a plus!!:)
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,245
    brainofjb wrote:

oh and yes the yanks are all done. Those days are over

Wouldnt the first show need to sell out first, before other shows are added?

Been over an hour and fifteen minutes and tix are still available, I thought this show was gonna sell out in 2 minutes, what happened?
  • Options
    the gah-den would of been much more convenient but tweeter is beautiful that time of year.

if they are going to be adding xtra shows anywhere it's gotta be Mansfield!! (wishing,praying,hoping)

Yeah, GreatWoods is a great outdoor venue. Plus, where else can you tailgate and barbecue b4 the show?
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    Yeah, GreatWoods is a great outdoor venue. Plus, where else can you tailgate and barbecue b4 the show?

ah yes.burgers,beers & bud! my favorite combo! :) i'm def. doing the vip lot this time!
  • Options
    Surprised to see another round at Mansfield... I thought they were banned after going over curfew last time.

That's what I hate about the Tweeter Center, They try to kick everyone out WAY early, interfering with encores in my opinion. I saw Tool there last summer and they didn't get to do one. The lights came on, Dancing Queen started playing, and that was the end of the night. Here's hoping we won't be affected by that at this show!!
    Stop following me, I do not know where I am going.
  • Options
    PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    I'm not convinced a show at Fenway will be all that great. Everyone I've spoken to who has seen a show there says the sound BLOWS and the seating scheme is crap. I'm not saying I wouldn't go, but I'm just saying. I still think seeing them play at Tanglewood would be amazing.
  • Options
    That's what I hate about the Tweeter Center, They try to kick everyone out WAY early, interfering with encores in my opinion. I saw Tool there last summer and they didn't get to do one. The lights came on, Dancing Queen started playing, and that was the end of the night. Here's hoping we won't be affected by that at this show!!
    What time is curfew?
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    redsox04redsox04 Posts: 66
    curfew is at 11. they are really strict about that too. and i hear that the eagles are locked up to play 2 shows at fenway this summer.
  • Options
    redsox04 wrote:
    curfew is at 11. they are really strict about that too. and i hear that the eagles are locked up to play 2 shows at fenway this summer.

Yeah the curfew thing blows. However, isn't 11:00pm the cutoff in all big venues like the Tweeter Center?
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Wouldnt the first show need to sell out first, before other shows are added?

Been over an hour and fifteen minutes and tix are still available, I thought this show was gonna sell out in 2 minutes, what happened?

mansfield tickets are not even on sale yet!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Makes me wish my 10c membership hadn't expired in 1994. ::sigh::
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    kelinprov wrote:

Dude, I'm a yanks fan & I think that would rule.
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    PahkTheCah wrote:
    I'm not convinced a show at Fenway will be all that great. Everyone I've spoken to who has seen a show there says the sound BLOWS and the seating scheme is crap. I'm not saying I wouldn't go, but I'm just saying. I still think seeing them play at Tanglewood would be amazing.
    Agreed. The cool about Pearl Jam playing at Fenway Park would just be the novelty of the event.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Lennon_Cobain - where's that EV National Geo quote from?
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    PahkTheCah wrote:
    I still think seeing them play at Tanglewood would be amazing.

Tanglewood is on the other side of the state. Granted it would be sweet, but I don't think it would happen, at least not this tour.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    I knew that there would be a second Mansfield show!!! On a Saturday night too!! YES!
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    I knew that there would be a second Mansfield show!!! On a Saturday night too!! YES!

YES YES YES!!!!!!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    So is the second, or should I say first show been confirmed yet?
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Yes, it's confirmed. On sale via TM and 10C confirmations went out yesterday.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman