Need advice regarding 50th Anniversary Strats!

silverflowsilverflow Posts: 37
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey people! I'm in need of your help!

I've been in the market for a Strat for a while and this has recently caught my eye.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fender-Stratocaster-50th-Anniversary-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ260018071968QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33039QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Problem is i dont really know anything about the 50th anniversary edition as i cant find any official specifications. Does anyone by any chance know how they differ from the normal strats?

I think they have some sort of vintage pickups.....how different do those sound compared to those found in strats these days? Will these pups help me acheive a sound close to Mike's 59 strat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    I dont know what the difference if but that is a nice looking guitar. I'm always afraid to spend that kind of money on E-bay though.
    Be excellent to each other
  • Ahh, the 50th anniversary "Gold" edition....cute

the link blanked out on me so i'm wondering, is it the 54 reissue anniversary, or just the American, or American Deluxe Anniversary. This is CRUCIAL to the buy and i cant really help you out untill i know which one, and even better, if the link works! also how much are you thinkign of spending?

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    looks like the american "standard" series based on the headstock, bridge and neckplate.

edit: and most of the info is in the description.
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    I bought one of those, essentially they're just an American Standard with '54 Custom Shop reissue pickups, and engraved neckplate and a fancy case. Nothing wrong with that, though.
  • Ahh, the 50th anniversary "Gold" edition....cute

the link blanked out on me so i'm wondering, is it the 54 reissue anniversary, or just the American, or American Deluxe Anniversary. This is CRUCIAL to the buy and i cant really help you out untill i know which one, and even better, if the link works! also how much are you thinkign of spending?

Its a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary American Series Stratocaster. Any further help would be appreciated harrison.

Yeah i dont like spending that much on eBay either, but the guy has a rating of 300+ with 100% positive feedback. If you cant trust that who can ya trust?
  • silverflow wrote:
    Its a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary American Series Stratocaster. Any further help would be appreciated harrison.

Yeah i dont like spending that much on eBay either, but the guy has a rating of 300+ with 100% positive feedback. If you cant trust that who can ya trust?

these strats are exactly the same as the regular production american Strats, except they ahev gold plated hardware instead of chrome. Its not worth the gimmick.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Hate to nitpick but the hardware is chrome, not gold. The Deluxes and Custom Shops had gold.
  • biffhardon wrote:
    Hate to nitpick but the hardware is chrome, not gold. The Deluxes and Custom Shops had gold.

your right...i thought he meandt american deluxe....my bad...i shoudl read slower or somethign..

• Well this guitar is brand new.

If i manage to get a few hundred off the price of a new one i think i will get it. From the high rez pics i've got it looks beautiful. Same with that case....orgasm in a case form =)

Any other comments? Harris?
  • silverflow wrote:
    Well this guitar is brand new.

If i manage to get a few hundred off the price of a new one i think i will get it. From the high rez pics i've got it looks beautiful. Same with that case....orgasm in a case form =)

Any other comments? Harris?

harrison...haha

anyways i just saw you were in australlia and that majority of your strats woudl be japanese, mayeb this is a good idea. if you like it, i'd buy it!

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    If you like it, buy it. I didn't know there was more Jap strats in Aus.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • There are a lot of Jap Strats in Australia, though i'd say at least 75% of the Fender's here are made in America.

There is still the whole stigmatism towards American stuff being the best.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    silverflow wrote:
    There are a lot of Jap Strats in Australia, though i'd say at least 75% of the Fender's here are made in America.

There is still the whole stigmatism towards American stuff being the best.

Ya. I love my Canadian made Godin, though its 'assembled' in the states.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V