Differences between American Series Strat and Deluxe?

silverflowsilverflow Posts: 37
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
What are the differences in sound between the two?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    pretty substantial as the deluxe has noiseless pickups and about triple the switching combinations.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    the samerium noisless cobalt pickups are so worth the extra $200. buy the deluxe
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • silverflowsilverflow Posts: 37
    But does it sound like a american series strat without that parallel feature switched on? Well if you igonred the american series hum.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it sounds better.
  • Get the Deluxe Ash. An amazing guitar!!! The pickups are noiseless, the S-1 switching system is fuckin great, you can get WAY more tones out of it as well as the classic strat sounds. The neck is extremly comfortable, and the sound is just amazing. The DA will be my next strat once I get rid of mine.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Get the Deluxe Ash. An amazing guitar!!! The pickups are noiseless, the S-1 switching system is fuckin great, you can get WAY more tones out of it as well as the classic strat sounds. The neck is extremly comfortable, and the sound is just amazing. The DA will be my next strat once I get rid of mine.
    i agree, ive got the deluxe ash tele, and my friend has an american series, and we played both of them thru the same amp(fender supersonic 112) and the deluxe was much better. well worth the price.
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go