Options

Second Mansfield show = rare setlist!

ManOfTheHourManOfTheHour Posts: 32
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Okay okay, I know there are a lot of Boston haters out there. (GO CELTICS!) but I was talking with a buddy of mine who will be attending both Mansfield shows with me and we came to the conclusion that were all in for a very special treat. Pearl Jam have always loved to play Boston. I'm not entirely sure why, but the crowds here go nuts and I'm sure Ed and the guys know that they are loved here.

While looking over some setlists from Boston shows from the past we really can't complain being New Englanders. We have been spoiled rotten with I think about 12 shows in the last 8 years. And if history has taught us anything the second show, which also happens to be the last show of the tour, will be the better one.

My preiction is that finally Hard to Imagine will be played. Possibly as an opening song. All Night will open the first show. I think Hard Sun might get thrown in as well. Dirty Frank, Otherside, and Hold On will also be played.

Of course I am just speculating, but I have a gut feeling that the two Mansfield shows will be legendary!! See you there!!
Mansfield I & II 1998
Mansfield I & II 2000
Montreal 2000
Mansfield I, II & III (The Experiment) 2003
Boston I & II 2004
Montreal 2005
Hartford 2006
Boston I & II 2006
Mansfield I 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    the beacon is the last show
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    NY PJ1 wrote:

The beacon is a one-off for charity! ;)
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
    NY PJ1 wrote:

The city so nice, they named it twice

The Beacon is gonna be amazing

Too bad I can't make it
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Its fun to speculate, but I think assuming something special will hit you will ruin the show you ya. Just go and enjoy whats coming:)
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    The beacon is a one-off for charity! ;)

yes and since it happens the day after boston..tis the last show ;)
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Uh oh...here comes Captain Complex.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Uh oh...here comes Captain Complex.

and here u come to respond

im just stating the obvious
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    and here u come to respond

im just stating the obvious

MSG is overrated.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    The city so nice, they named it twice
    Walla Walla?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pj0705 wrote:
    MSG is overrated.

maybe in boston
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    its going to be a pretty emotional show.....its the rockslide aniversary
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Here's my take on this-
    yes, the band does love playing Boston, and I agree that night 2 will probably be better than night 1. I'm psyched for both shows- hell, I'd be psyched if all I got was one night in Hartford, but I'm getting that too.

5 years ago we knew ahead of time that they were going to try to fit in every song they'd worked up for the tour in the 3 nights in Mansfield. Given that they got about 1/2 way through in the first 2 nights, that meant night 3 was going to have to be something REALLY special, and it was.

Doubt we're getting July 11 '03 again. I read on another thread where someone was speculating on what we would get for a setlist the second night, I saw Arc thrown in there. I do agree that assuming they are planning something over the top amazing is just a recipe for disappointment. You'll be happy with whatever we get, and you know it.

PS MSG is not overrated.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    since i will only be at night 1 for mansfield, that will be the better show in my mind. ;) haha. really, oftentimes you just can't guess which will be the 'better' night. i know for both MSGs in 2003 it was always a hot topic...and night 1 is what made the DVD, so whateva. i know that i like to hit the 'last show' of a tour when i can, and i have in the past.....but honestly, it wasn't always the 'best' show of the lot, just the last. altho sure...i will be at the beacon, so i am all good there. ;) anyhooooo...i think night 1 will be crazy-good especially a saturday night show, many of us coming up from the hartford gig just the night before....so still on that *high*...and i hope the band is too! they ALL will be GREAT! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    pj0705 wrote:
    MSG is overrated.

Thats right,the Tweeter center is the mecca of all music venues lol
  • Options
    Evo2010 wrote:
    Thats right,the Tweeter center is the mecca of all music venues lol

lol in the middle of mansfield?? wherever that is
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Mansfield= in between Boston & Providence which is pretty much nowhere. The whole area used to be a huge field until recently when suburbanites decided they needed a place to put their gigantic malls and chain restaurants & corporate America decided to put their sheep out to pasture in cubicle farms that came with tax breaks removed from the big cities.

The fact that the Tweeter Center (Comcast, whatever) is next to a trailer park tells you pretty much all you need to know.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Mansfield= in between Boston & Providence which is pretty much nowhere. The whole area used to be a huge field until recently when suburbanites decided they needed a place to put their gigantic malls and chain restaurants & corporate America decided to put their sheep out to pasture in cubicle farms that came with tax breaks removed from the big cities.

The fact that the Tweeter Center (Comcast, whatever) is next to a trailer park tells you pretty much all you need to know.

hehe redneckville

sounds like a real fun town :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I was being sarcastic. But i guess those going to both venues can make up their own minds.
  • Options
    the venue don't mean shit!! it's all about the frame of mind the band is in that determines the level of greatness of the show.PERIOD!!!!
  • Options

what? that you can visit your mom before the show and kill 2 birds with one stone? :D:D:D
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    its actually a really good ampitheater with great acoustics
    and decent tailgating..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    GangstacroGangstacro Posts: 104
    I think there is a better chance for a longer setlist for the Saturday Night Mansfield show becuase

1) Hey, its Saturday Fucking Night!
    2) They have a day off on Sunday, which ussually generates longer setlists.
    3) Their first show in the big name cities generally is awesome (ala MSG 1 in 03) as the band is so hyped to be back in one of their farvorite venues.

So I think Mansfield 1 has a chance to be longer, but you might be right that Mansfield 2 will have the crazier list of songs.
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    "The last show is never the best, it’s always the one right before the last … Every time." - EV