Jagstang

miskinmiskin Posts: 278
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone else got the luuurvely jagstang? My brother has won, and then i won one (red) from English music magazine, NME. Its SO playable, though could be a lot better for solo's. The fret board isnt the best in the world, but its decent. It makes an excellent sound, especially if your trying to create a true grunge sound.
myspace.com/airstriponeuk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    this thread was here for months, yet still no-one replied :-)
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    guess there aren't a lot of jag-stang owners on the board.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • i own one. i really like the thing. there is another thread on this here. i dont know if anyone has anything else to say than whats here. http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=107929
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I have a blue one!!! I LOVE it! I changed the pickups and fret board and put in a selector switch like on a gibson or les paul since it only has 2 pickups....
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I thought they stopped making those years ago?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I have a red one. I put a tune-o-matic in and I locked the trem down. Then I put a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Hot rail in the neck. I love it now. Obviously you can tell I didnt before.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I thought they stopped making those years ago?

they did...then they were gonna make a reissue...not sure if that happened or not.

i bought mine a while after they had stopped making them...i got it pretty cheap, the guy at the store said it had been there for a while and no one really even asks to look at it
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    the launched the reissue about 1 and a half 1/2 years ago. NME magazine was celebrating its launch, and so had a competition for someone to win one - i won it.