Playing The Uke!

NitroNitro Posts: 265
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I just bought a new fluke ukelele. I have been dabbling on the guitar for about a year but something about the uke makes me really want to play it.

Are there any ukelele players out there?!?

Should come in about a week or so. Pretty excited.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have a cheap one. I learned Can't Keep and Soon Forget and haven't touched it since :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • lamperti77lamperti77 Posts: 365
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • jbdjbd Posts: 65
    lamperti77 wrote:

With a uke like that it's easy to sound so good... Must be worth a fortune !
    "Fuck the kids ! Except the ones who are buying our records! They're fucking themselves!" - Mark Arm
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    lamperti77 wrote:

That's insane. Something tells me that I won't exactly get to that level of playing anytime soon.

Are the songs hard to learn and pick up? I would think easier than a guitar, no?