Jay Turser guitars...

tmud91087tmud91087 Posts: 97
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i still havent decided on what guitar to buy i want to get a sweet hollow body that is really good in sound and quality. i was looking up jay turser guitars and they have gotten good reviews and they have good looks i was wondering if anyone had info on jay turser hollowbodys or has one. help would be appreciated. thanks
5/24/06 - Boston
5/25/06 - Boston
6/28/08 - Mansfield
6/30/08 - Mansfield
8/2/08 - Eddie in Boston (FRONT ROW!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I had a Jay Turser strat copy. It is a pretty shitty guitar. Just buy a Fender Stratocaster.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • yield2pjyield2pj Posts: 15
    I also have a Jay Turser, but it's a Les Paul copy and it sounds way better than my Fender Squier Strat. So mine sounds pretty good for the value that it's worth. I bought it from my friend for $100, but I heard it's worth $300. I also heard it won an award for best sounding guitar for value. Anyways, if you can't afford an original Les Paul go with the Jay Turser they are a good value.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    I'm sure they are good value, but you need to consider that a guitar in that price range is seldomly gonna be 'really good in sound and quality', as most of the time they're aimed at beginners that mainly go for looks. I'd look a price class higher if I were you, check out Epiphone (semi-) hollowbodies and the Ibanez Artcores. They're quality guitars for a reasonable amount of money and (in time) worthy of upgrading, too.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • paulhealeypaulhealey Posts: 27
    Jay Turser Les Pauls are alright. They are upgrade worthy. I have one now, that is my only electric, and it gets along fine. However, when my Hagstrom is fully restored, I doubt the Paul will see much action. They are decent quality though, tuners are shit, other then that they are alright. Pickups are like any lower priced stocked pickup. They are not much better and certainly no worse then any other copy guitar in the price range.
    I Was Caught In Traffic!
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    In my opinion, you should try a brand of guitar called Agile. These are by far the best copy-cat guitars on the market. http://www.rondomusic.com

You can only get them from this site. Keep in mind, it is a copy for about 300-400 bucks. You will not find a guitar that sounds like a 3000 dollar Gibson for 300 bucks. However, they sound good. They're the company that all the major manus want to shut down; PRS, Gibson and Fender are all trying to get at these guys.

See if you can find one.