Bridge School 2008

ucsbledbetterucsbledbetter Posts: 173
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Has anyone heard any updates on this yet?

Possible Lineups?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's a killer waiting for the announcement, isn't it ;)

It's safe to go ahead & book travel (if you have to) for the last weekend in October. If you're the type who goes no matter what, that is.

Farm Aid is September 20th, Neil likes to focus on that before he puts Bridge in motion. Once Farm Aid is all set you can expect a Bridge announcement, I'd say probably September 9th.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    pearljamjen
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    If you look at Neil's fall tour dates you can pretty much pencil Bridge School in for the weekend of October 25/26. He's in Canada the prior weekend and then there's an odd break in the tour. That along with the fact that no Bay Area dates are listed. The tour then picks back up on 10/29 in San Diego. I'd say it's safe to assume Death Cab will be at Bridge as they're touring with Neil during that time. Anybody else (including PJ or Ed) is just a rumor at this point.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I heard some dude name Neil something is playing this year ;) But it could be just a rumor
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Yeah, I'd say the 25th/26th is a pretty safe bet.

Rumors I have heard: Death Cab, Wilco, ZZ Top. Of course, those are all just rumors. Nothing even close to official yet.

I'd love to see Eddie solo. Seems like this would be the perfect year for it.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • lastexit78 wrote:
    If you look at Neil's fall tour dates you can pretty much pencil Bridge School in for the weekend of October 25/26. He's in Canada the prior weekend and then there's an odd break in the tour. That along with the fact that no Bay Area dates are listed. The tour then picks back up on 10/29 in San Diego. I'd say it's safe to assume Death Cab will be at Bridge as they're touring with Neil during that time. Anybody else (including PJ or Ed) is just a rumor at this point.

Death Cab is playing the voodoo music festival that weekend, so they probably won't be at the bridge benefit
  • nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    "Accompanying Young from the tour's start until Nov. 15 are Death Cab for Cutie and Everest. Wilco and Everest are on the bill from Nov. 29 until the conclusion of the tour with the exception of the Chicago date on Dec. 9, which will feature Everest and another act that has yet to be announced"

Pearl Jam?
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Taj Mahal could be a possibility, he is playing the fillmore on the 25th, but he could show up for an early set (like the first or second slot)
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Taj Mahal could be a possibility, he is playing the fillmore on the 25th, but he could show up for an early set (like the first or second slot)
    Taj Mahal?
    He seen me walkin' downtown in my birfday suit... come out the Bank of America with a whole lotta loot. Ain't nobody's bin-ness but, my own. I heared that cocaine's fer horses and it ain't for men, the docta said it'd kill me... but, he didn't say when. Ain't nobody's bin-ness but my own.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Searching around various message boards and websites i found a few more rumors(or maybe just wishful thinking) in addition to the rumors we have already heard
    1. Rage Against the Machine (this is a rumour that seems to pop up every year)
    2. Jack Johnson (why not he has played everything else this year)
    3. Tina Turner (I think this is a rumor based on her touring schedule, if anything elseit is interesting)
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    I'll bet anything that Conor Oberst (aka Bright Eyes) will appear. He's playing the Warfield in SF on October 24th, the day before Bridge School show 1 and doesn't play another show for over a week. I'm screwed this year, it's my wife's 30th that weekend and I'll be outta town the whole weekend. It's either fun weekend with wife, or Bridge School w/divorce papers to follow ;-)
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Maybe Tom Morello as 'The Nightwatchman'.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Funkdog wrote:
    I'll bet anything that Conor Oberst (aka Bright Eyes) will appear. He's playing the Warfield in SF on October 24th, the day before Bridge School show 1 and doesn't play another show for over a week. I'm screwed this year, it's my wife's 30th that weekend and I'll be outta town the whole weekend. It's either fun weekend with wife, or Bridge School w/divorce papers to follow ;-)
    better wait for the lineup before you decide
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 589

I'd love to see Eddie solo. Seems like this would be the perfect year for it.

I was so bummed Eddie couldn't make it last year. I had all access for the whole weekend with one of the bands and even got to go to Neil's pre-festival bbq. I thought I was finally going to have my chance to meet Ed and thank him for all the years of great music.

Oh well, at least the My Morning Jacket guys were cool and put on a great show.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• kara5419kara5419 Posts: 58
    Cosmo wrote:
    Maybe Tom Morello as 'The Nightwatchman'.
    That would be cool..
    Be good to Rock n Roll and Rock n Roll will be good to you. -Priceless Rock Wisdom-

LA 7-9-06
    Can't wait to add more shows...
    I've also seen Jane's Addiction rumored. That would be pretty cool.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • LROMLROM Posts: 13
    You can pretty much consider Wilco a definite - I saw it either on their tour page or on someone else's about them. But they will be there.
  • Funkdog wrote:

I hope to CHRIST that Bright Eyes is not on the bill again. He was there in 2005 and there were 27 depressed children on the stage.

Then again, every bill needs their bathroom break bands.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • LROM wrote:
    You can pretty much consider Wilco a definite - I saw it either on their tour page or on someone else's about them. But they will be there.

You didn't see it on anything official. Any band who jumps the gun on the official announcement is kicked off the bill and never invited back. Doing that would pretty much jeopardize Wilco's entire tour with Neil.
    You didn't see it on anything official. Any band who jumps the gun on the official announcement is kicked off the bill and never invited back. Doing that would pretty much jeopardize Wilco's entire tour with Neil.

Well, I searched all over their website, and it's not there. Was probably on a Wilco message board or something along those lines.

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465

You are like a broken record of nails scratching a chalkboard.
  • I am officially starting a rumor for the Pretenders, they are playing farm aid, they have played The bridge before, they are friends of Neil and i am going crazy waiting for the line up

and the dates for the show are on Wikipedia, but you have to take that with a grain of salt
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    What, are u high? MMJ did not play Bridge last year.

Yes they did...

• You are like a broken record of nails scratching a chalkboard.

Yes.. but a RIGHT broken record.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    aren't they the ones who filled in for Ed after he backed out??
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I was a little stoned while watching MMJ from that cold ass lawn in SF . . . last bridge school :)
    NERDS!
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I was a little stoned while watching MMJ from that cold ass lawn in SF . . . last bridge school :)
    LOL :D We were there. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    pearljamjen
    gndcd402 would def be the headliner tho!
  • Rage playing Bridge School is so impossible it's absurd to even imagine. But The Nightwatchman on the other hand. Surprised now, when thinking about it, that he didn't play last years show...

Could definetly see Morello as a perfect fit...

Here's to wishful thinking.

-TONYCLIFTON
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.”
    -Mark Twain
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Uhm...No they did not...Go check out the lineup from last year. Oh and also I was there. I think I'd know if one of my favorite bands was a part of the line up.

Well since you're the only one in this thread that doesn't believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBAIZTQqnu8
    NERDS!