Morris County NJ for Jam

YeahThatRocks.comYeahThatRocks.com Posts: 117
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone in the Morris County NJ area looking to jam? I'm 43 not great, but not horrible. I can hold my own playing the Stone parts. I'll leave the Mike parts to you. Besides the obvious Pearl Jam, and Neil Young Songs, I pretty much like all rock including old and new.

I'm looking to get into a jam situation with the thought of possibly forming a band that plays out occasionally.

PM me if interested.
Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
2003 MSG 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Anyone in the Morris County NJ area looking to jam? I'm 43 not great, but not horrible. I can hold my own playing the Stone parts. I'll leave the Mike parts to you. Besides the obvious Pearl Jam, and Neil Young Songs, I pretty much like all rock including old and new.

I'm looking to get into a jam situation with the thought of possibly forming a band that plays out occasionally.

PM me if interested.
    i live in north hunterdon, and i would, but im only 13. sry, my parents wouldnt want me going to a complete stranger's house alone(no offense to yuo)
    great to see another jersian on the forums tho:)
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    i live in north hunterdon, and i would, but im only 13. sry, my parents wouldnt want me going to a complete stranger's house alone(no offense to yuo)

Haha, I had no idea you were 13! I thought I was the youngest in the Gearheads forum at 15! You seem much older.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Haha, I had no idea you were 13! I thought I was the youngest in the Gearheads forum at 15! You seem much older.
    uh, thanks, i guess? ya, i just love guitars, been playing for three years, already made two from scratch, and, i will play at least once every day(alto i should be do =ing my homework). i just love everything about them
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    uh, thanks, i guess? ya, i just love guitars, been playing for three years, already made two from scratch, and, i will play at least once every day(alto i should be do =ing my homework). i just love everything about them

Man I'm exactly the same way.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010 wrote:

No that's not cool. I have a 13 year old son and I wouldn't let him go jam with some stranger who's 3 times his age either.

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
  • seanw1010 wrote:

That's cool. My son plays everyday too. But he's more into heavier bands like Pantera, Bullet for My Valentine and Trivium.

He's been wanting to build his own guitar too. Did you buy a kit or something?

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
    That's cool. My son plays everyday too. But he's more into heavier bands like Pantera, Bullet for My Valentine and Trivium.

He's been wanting to build his own guitar too. Did you buy a kit or something?
    the story on my second guitar project is pretty funny. about 2 months ago i found a gibson les paul junior from the early nineties in my ATTIC!!!!!! it was lodged under a bunch of old pieces of wood, the neck was broken at the headstock, and the finish was almost completely gone. it was in terrible condition, so i decided, what the hell, im gonna make another one. completely reid the body, by taking off the wraparound and cutting a hole to fit a tremelo. i also re routed the soapbar routing to fit a humbucker( had to add some filler) and bought all all new electronics(new pots, p/us , ect.) for it. i gotthe neck and paintjob refinished by a pro(havnt mastered those parts yet) . i finished about just 1 week ago actually.
    btw i put a seymour duncan invader in it, great p/u
  • pretty impressive young man.

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
    pretty impressive young man.
    thanks, tho my dad helped me with some of the routing of the body:)