PJ Fans I need your opinion

apathyguitarapathyguitar Posts: 2
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey Pearl Jam fans, I'm a teenager from Spokane, Washington (about 280 miles away from Seattle) and I'm in a band, we are heavily influenced by Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Iron and Wine, etc. We have a song on purevolume.com and was wondering what some Pearl Jam fans think of us. We are very poor and recorded this on a friends cheap 8-track recorder. We have much more material but this is the only one we have recorded. If you could post your comments here or email me at Apatheticlife@hotmail.com that would be great. The web address is:
[url]Http://www.purevolume.com/apathywa[/url]

If you're interested some Pearl Jam covers we enjoy doing:
-Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town (we have sort of a original acoustic version of this)
-Nothingman
-Down
etc

Anyway, please leave comments, thanks
Zach (Apathy/Guitar)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• (Hope someone likes Pink Floyd)

"Waiting...
    to cut out the deadwood.
    Waiting to clean up the city.
    Waiting to follow the worms.
    Waiting to put on a black shirt.
    Waiting to weed out the weaklings.
    Waiting to smash in their windows
    And kick in their doors.
    Waiting for the final solution
    To strengthen the strain.
    Waiting to follow the worms.
    Waiting to turn on the showers
    And fire the ovens.
    Waiting for the queens and the coons
    and the reds and the jews.
    Waiting to follow the worms."

Common people, nobody has any comments?
    Anyone like pink floyd? great band, pearl jam did a great cover of 'wish you were here' once
  • ShwnShwn Posts: 37
    It was good, but due to the recording I had a hard time hearing the lyrics. I didn't notice drums, that might add more to the feel of the song. Some constructive criticism would be that it sounded kind of monotonous to me, then again I typically listen to harder music. It seemed like the guitars played pretty much the same thing throughout. I think it would be a much better song if you added a different guitar part, or add distortion, and changed the vocal inflection more for the chorus. The verse was good as is.
    I think it has a lot of potential, and could be a much better song if you reworked it a bit, but that's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. Good luck
    "One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
    -Between the Buried and Me