What Matchless did Mike use at the Easy Street show?

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know he used a Matchless, but which one? Ed used a tweed deluxe, Stone used a Delta blues.

In the other benefit shows and the UFO show, Mike used an AC30. Most Matchless amps are derivatives of AC30's. What's going on?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    57Goldtop wrote:
    I know he used a Matchless, but which one? Ed used a tweed deluxe, Stone used a Delta blues.

In the other benefit shows and the UFO show, Mike used an AC30. Most Matchless amps are derivatives of AC30's. What's going on?

look up a Matchless HC 30 and see if that's the one.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
    It was a combo
  • Ah the soothign tone of a Matchless
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Ah the soothign tone of a Matchless

Or a Top Hat (didn't Stone use one Yield tour?) or a Bad Cat.

All the tone of an AC-30, none of the amp demons...

If I wanted a chimey amp, I'd be looking hard at a Bad Cat... But my Mig might get jealous!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Or a Top Hat (didn't Stone use one Yield tour?) or a Bad Cat.

All the tone of an AC-30, none of the amp demons...

If I wanted a chimey amp, I'd be looking hard at a Bad Cat... But my Mig might get jealous!

Never heard (In person, that I know of) a Top Hat or a Bad Cat, but I'm sure I'd love them to death. Its all right up my ally.

Remember this rule of thumb with an AC-30. When playing an AC-30 live, have a back up AC-30 with you!!!

Yeild tour, Yeild Tour, crap I can't really remember what he had back then. Getting old these days.

I could of swore at one time I seen a picture of him with a classic 50 head? Have any recollection of those. I know during 2000 he had those classic 30's or delta blues amps. But this would of been prior to this.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    57Goldtop wrote:
    It was a combo

If it is vox inspired it is in the C-30 series. I'm not sure if the Lightning is included in that series or not.

http://www.matchlessamplifiers.com/match23_c30.html

It could also be a chieftain but that's more Marshall inspired.

Most likely built in the early 90's before the big matchless falling out.

Mark Sampson has quite a few interesting amp designs.
    The DC-30 is most likely what you are thinking if it isn't a Cheiftain. Those are the most popular combos I know of from Matchless.

Bad Cat is an amp in the exact same vein as Matchless if you want to go that route.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.