What amps would PJ use a Java boost with?

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I read Rob Keeley said PJ bought a Java boost. I wonder what amp they'd use that with?

AC-30?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I don't think they own any AC-30's.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I don't think they own any AC-30's.

They own several AC30's see the liner notes from No Code.

Matchless, Trentino, Savage, Marshall, Orange They could use it with anything.

I doubt they are going for the standard Brian May sound, otherwise they'd probably go with a rangemaster.

The Java is more of it's own animal it's got a 3 position locking switch for different frequencies of boosting. I wonder who's using it actually they haven't really dabbled in true fuzzes yet on tour that I know of.

The coolest thing about that whole deal is the obvious sound change. You will definitely notice a new Pearl Jam sound on the next tour across the board if they did buy one of these.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=3

I don't see where Keeley said they are using the Java only his BD2 and TS9 and then Ed with the Framptone 3 banger.

It would suit mike or stone perfectly as a lead boost, generally the higher the note the more it's amplified by a treble booster yielding greater distortion from an amp, it's best used after a slight breakup from the amp, this is the reason they sound so good in AC30's DC30's AD30's and Tweeds.

I'd like to see mike go with some kind of fuzz like maybe the Fuzz Head or The Black Beauty Balance from Love Pedal for instance.

Stone would sound cool with a Black Cat/Univox Superfuzz or some kind of Tonebender MK2
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.