If Ed is going to use the Tweed Deluxes he should.....

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Go back to using the Gibson SG's with P90's. For Ed's style playing, punk type rhythm, a bridge P90 through a cranked tweed deluxe would be great. Think Neil Young. All Neil ever used was a LP equipped with mini humbucker in the bridge through a very special tweed deluxe.

Ed has gotten to the last of his heroes. First, Johnny Ramone's Marshall head. Then a Hiwatt like townshend. Now it's tweed deluxes like Neil.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• his tone this tour is horrible IMO

i think he should go back to his 2003 tone with the SG's or even mix it up with the VFC sound with the hiwatt still but with the tele's
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I liked his 98/00 tones the best. I think he really needs to use P90's or humbuckers with the way he plays. He could get away with a tele, but he needs a different amp.
  • 57Goldtop wrote:
    Go back to using the Gibson SG's with P90's. For Ed's style playing, punk type rhythm, a bridge P90 through a cranked tweed deluxe would be great. Think Neil Young. All Neil ever used was a LP equipped with mini humbucker in the bridge through a very special tweed deluxe.

Ed has gotten to the last of his heroes. First, Johnny Ramone's Marshall head. Then a Hiwatt like townshend. Now it's tweed deluxes like Neil.

he needs a "whizzer" if he wants his deluxe to work like neils does......