Anybody own or play a Delta Blues or Classic 30?

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm intrigued after hearing the Gorge boot. I really like Stone's tone on the Sad, Alive, Undone intros. I know he uses a pedal though also.

First off, aren't these pretty much the same except for the tremolo and speaker config?

What is the overdrive like on these amps? Marshally?

What is the difference in tone between a 1x12, 2x10 and 1x15?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sorry, I cannot answer your question. I just wanted to say I thought the intro to sad was way too muddy. I thought it needed to be cleaner.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    They both utilize EL84 Quads and the standard 12AX7 compliment. The DB adds tremolo and one more tube. I'd prefer they both be single channel but hey that's me.

It's fairly chimey the 2x10 Delta Blues is my favorite. I know a few people that have used the 1x15 for years now and they love them. I think the 2x10's is a little less bright, a little more punchy and the tremolo is more usable with them. As with most combos in the price range, it could stand some tube isolation and probably sounds even better utilizing an external cab due to the resonance. Killer amp though. Can't beat it for 5 bills. the Black tweed is beautiful, the yellow tweed could use a sealant cosmetically speaking.

If you upgrade the tubes, you have one hell of an amp. The speakers are better than what fender gives you for the price they can be made sweeter as well if need be.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Hey pacomac, what is your amp of choice
    57Goldtop wrote:
    Hey pacomac, what is your amp of choice

Currently it is a Orange AD15/12

I am also pretty much a sucker for any blackface Fender and or Tweed as well but I don't currently own one.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Do you think Stone's overdriven tones this tour are coming from the Delta Blues or a pedal? I heard Alive on the Gorge boot and the intro almost sounded JCM800 like.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Currently it is a Orange AD15/12

I am also pretty much a sucker for any blackface Fender and or Tweed as well but I don't currently own one.

If you like tweeds, you would have loved the amp I just sold. It was a blankenship tweed deluxe (http://www.blankenshipamps.com), but it is not exactly a clone. It could take 6V6's or 6L6's and two different rectifiers. He calls it the fat boy for a reason.
    57Goldtop wrote:
    If you like tweeds, you would have loved the amp I just sold. It was a blankenship tweed deluxe (http://www.blankenshipamps.com), but it is not exactly a clone. It could take 6V6's or 6L6's and two different rectifiers. He calls it the fat boy for a reason.

ah, so semi 20 to 40 watt deluxe with choice of rectifer compression, cool circuit. I'm going to take some lessons soon to improve my blues chops since that's my chosen direction.