I have an ampeg reverbrocket on the way..any thoughts

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
It is a brand new looking R212R. 2x12 reissue combo. It was a good price, $430. I am currently ampless so I needed something in the mean time. I've been through a ton of boutique stuff.

Aiken (Tomcat, Intruder)
Divided by 13 9/15
Vox AC-15
Roccaforte Custom 18
Marshall 2061x
Germino Lovo Lead 55/Masonette
GDS 18 watt head
Two Rock Ruby
Mojave Coyote
Savage Rohr, Macht 12 and 6
Bad Cat Hot Cat 15
Komet Constellation

I'm a pretty bad gear slut. I really enjoy trying new things. Most of these stayed around for at least a month or so, but I just haven't found one that would be a permanent keeper. The Aiken Tomcat might be if it had 4 EL84's and wasn't as bright.

The Kings of Leon guitar player plays a reverbrocket and I found a live bootleg where I love his tone. I figured I'd give it a try.

I'd still like to give a Dr Z. a try
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    57Goldtop wrote:
    It is a brand new looking R212R. 2x12 reissue combo. It was a good price, $430. I am currently ampless so I needed something in the mean time. I've been through a ton of boutique stuff.

Aiken (Tomcat, Intruder)
    Divided by 13 9/15
    Vox AC-15
    Roccaforte Custom 18
    Marshall 2061x
    Germino Lovo Lead 55/Masonette
    GDS 18 watt head
    Two Rock Ruby
    Mojave Coyote
    Savage Rohr, Macht 12 and 6
    Bad Cat Hot Cat 15
    Komet Constellation

I'm a pretty bad gear slut. I really enjoy trying new things. Most of these stayed around for at least a month or so, but I just haven't found one that would be a permanent keeper. The Aiken Tomcat might be if it had 4 EL84's and wasn't as bright.

The Kings of Leon guitar player plays a reverbrocket and I found a live bootleg where I love his tone. I figured I'd give it a try.

I'd still like to give a Dr Z. a try

It's a cool amp, the originals were probably better, Mike used one throughout the Binaural sessions. I can't really remember that much about it other than the blue diamond covering and the 5881's. I like the guy's tone from KOL too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I like ampegs too... the concerns I have heard with them is the reliability. However, in general I haven't seen many with issues.

I have heard several bands with that amp... both local bands and bigger acts... sounds pretty good to me. Very BIG sounding... that has to do with the tubes...

let me know how you like it.
    There's No Code.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I love the reverbrocket!
    My guitar teacher has a RI and an original and I get to play them every week. They are great amps, are capable of nailing most of the tones in my head and at low vol. they still sound great. Plus they look super cool!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    It's a cool amp, the originals were probably better, Mike used one throughout the Binaural sessions. I can't really remember that much about it other than the blue diamond covering and the 5881's. I like the guy's tone from KOL too.

How do you know Mike used an Ampeg on Binaural?

The live Kings of Leon show sounds so much better than the recordings. It is total roots rock bliss.

I downloaded off of dimeadozen.org

It was a radio broadcast from Sweden in 2003.
  • I've been wondering if the reverbrocket sounds like a bigger version of a Deluxe Reverb
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    6L6s in the ampeg vs. 6V6s in the deluxe reverb which will have a bearing. more like a twin i'd guess?