Anybody know what Stone used to record Yield?

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm guessing it was the DC-30, but I'm not sure. Besides Hail Hail, Yield has my favorite Stone tones all over it. Mostly "IN Hiding" and All Those Yesterdays. He sounds great.

Anybody have any idea? Both him and Mike sounded killer during the Monkey Wrench Radio 1998 broadcast.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• On SVT he had one of my favorite guitars...A Fender Tele with a Bigsby Tremelo in candy apple red...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Defintately sounded like a matchless.

If you look in the inside cover you can clearly see an AC-30 in the room. I wouldn't be suprised if they had several different amps around.

If it were me, I'd have used a DC-30 or a Chieftan.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    I remember reading an interview, apparantly he was using an mxr distortion for yield....

anyone confirm this?
  • On SVT he had one of my favorite guitars...A Fender Tele with a Bigsby Tremelo in candy apple red...
    Stone uses it now on Even Flow.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV