so do we know what Mike is actually using?

57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Is it the bassman or the trentino?

I wonder what he uses for his overdrive?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    It has been the Trentino.

For overdrive, I hear that he plugs into a low-salt ham. Through the power of electrolysis, he gets a wicked overdrive.

Ok, that's not true. He doesn't plug into a low-salt ham. I don't want to be blamed for starting any rumors. If you don't see a ham on his pedalboard, I wouldn't want you to feel like you'd been had. But what if you do? what if the next time someone posts a photo of Mikes pedalboard, there is a low-salt ham with a volume knob on it?

Photoshop opportunity... :D
  • ive seen him using trentinos for the smaller shows but the tweeds with 412 marshall cabs

i personally think his tone is soso this tour....but his tone when he uses the singlecut les paul (the yellow one)...i dont know but it sounds fuckin amazing...but his tone for the older songs are soso IMO
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:

Yes, the seldom seen velvety smooth vodka drive.

no word on whether Mike is endorsing Honey Baked Ham yet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • after the end of east rutherford II i was walking around the arena, and from behind the stage i think i saw a whammy pedal. seriously.
  • LikeLukinLikeLukin Posts: 29
    He still has his Marshall plexi all rigged up on the side stage. it was turned on in toronto, but i dunno if it's just a back up or if he actually plays through it.

Mike's tone for the first leg sounded like ass to me, but i just got the san diego boot and he sounds awesome, very similar to 2000 in a lot of songs.
  • LikeLukin wrote:
    He still has his Marshall plexi all rigged up on the side stage. it was turned on in toronto, but i dunno if it's just a back up or if he actually plays through it.

Mike's tone for the first leg sounded like ass to me, but i just got the san diego boot and he sounds awesome, very similar to 2000 in a lot of songs.

remember Edmonton and calgary 05. He had alot of unused gear at the side of the stage, and just has his two 4x12 marshall cabs beside eachother onstage. He had his Orange Cab and a few heads....do you think the past two tours hes trying to re-discover his tone? He has so much gear kicking around these days.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • LikeLukinLikeLukin Posts: 29
    remember Edmonton and calgary 05. He had alot of unused gear at the side of the stage, and just has his two 4x12 marshall cabs beside eachother onstage. He had his Orange Cab and a few heads....do you think the past two tours hes trying to re-discover his tone? He has so much gear kicking around these days.

yeah he certainly has a lot. I hope he sticks with the tone that he had in san diego. with all the guys' tendencies to keep going downhill with their guitar tones I really hope Mike keeps this one.

I actually don't think it has much to do with the gear though, just the way the guys have them set up. I keep feeling like they're in a competition over who can get the shittiest tone...... ok, it's not that bad, but it does bother me.
  • Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
    enharmonic wrote:
    It has been the Trentino.

For overdrive, I hear that he plugs into a low-salt ham. Through the power of electrolysis, he gets a wicked overdrive.

Ok, that's not true. He doesn't plug into a low-salt ham. I don't want to be blamed for starting any rumors. If you don't see a ham on his pedalboard, I wouldn't want you to feel like you'd been had. But what if you do? what if the next time someone posts a photo of Mikes pedalboard, there is a low-salt ham with a volume knob on it?

Photoshop opportunity... :D
    I think it's actually a basted turkey.
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.