Matt's 2000 set-up ?

jbdjbd Posts: 65
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ive always wondered what his set up was from that tour. The best tour ever according to me. Perfection of sound for all 5 of them. I know he used dw's in 98 and Yamaha's since 2003, but 2000 is THE sound and I can't figure out what his set is. So, any help would be appreciated. Thanks !
"Fuck the kids ! Except the ones who are buying our records! They're fucking themselves!" - Mark Arm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    In '98 he used Ayotte's (100% sure) as well as in 2000 (99% sure here). You're right about him playing Yamaha since 2003. Snare drums are tricky to keep track of, as he varies them quite often. I know that he did play Ayotte Keplinger custom snare drums, most likely for the 1998 and 2000 tours. Since joining Yamaha, he has played a handful of snare drums. I recently emailed Yamaha to ask what snare he is currently playing. I was told by Yamaha that for the 2006 tour his main snare drum is the Mike Bordin Signature snare (14"x6.5" copper-hand-hammered on the bottom half, smooth top half, black triple-flange hoops, Anton Fig style lugs). This particular drum looks awesome, check it out on the Yamaha web site. Yamaha also stated that Matt uses a Roy Hanes sig. snare on occasion. Cymbals--Zildjian only--he seems to have gravitated from using alot of Z Customs to now using only A's. Again, he switches up his cymbals quite a bit, so it's very difficult to pin him down on cymbal choices. From 1998 to 2003 he had been playing a six piece setup--12 and 13" rack toms, 16 and 18" floor toms, 24" bass drum, and snare. For 2004's VFC tour he removed one of the rack toms. Now, he's back to two rack toms, but has removed a floor. So his 2006 setup is snare, bass, two racks, one floor, and an additional concert tom of some sort beyond the floor tom. I hope that this helps...as you can see I'm a huge fan of Matt.
  • jbdjbd Posts: 65
    Wow, thanks a LOT for your answer !
    "Fuck the kids ! Except the ones who are buying our records! They're fucking themselves!" - Mark Arm
  • in response to the cymbals above. At the start of the 2005 tour he was using all Z-customs, By the Latin America tour, he was allready using quite a few A's. I know his Ride is still a Z-Custom Power ride. and maybe his hi-hats, you can tell by the "spotted" pattern. But being a drummer, and a sponsered drummer, he switches up constantly.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • all the z customs are gone now. there are three a crashes, ride and hats. I wonder if it's a sweet ride or medium?
    "I'm George Bush and my son is an ass hole! Alleluiah!"