Finally got an acoustic!

BeavBeav Posts: 223
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
After years of playing guitar I got my first quality acoustic guitar. My awesome girlfriend got me an Ovation Celebrity LCC-047 electric acoustic for my birthday. I'm pretty sure the L means Left handed. Who else hear has an Ovation? Do you like yours?
"Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
www.myspace.com/volinic
www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have one

It's a great guitar. Mine's a Legend? I think. with the thin body. They're great plugged in and the necks are great on them!

I got mine when I was studying a long time ago with Fripp. Thats what they use in those groups because they tune CGDAEG, so the neck can take the weird strains on them.
    People tell you that they fall off your lap, but if wear a strap, it's fine.
    Congratulations

Nice Sig, Too! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    I tried researching this particular model and I'm starting to feel like my girlfriend got ripped off. When I type in a search for this model, all these foreign-languaged web sites come up so I can't compare prices. I can't find this particular model anywhere on an
    American site. I think she spent like $550 on mine and similar models on musicians friend and such are much cheaper. My little pre-amp doesn't even have a tuner. It's a OP11. Does anybody have any info that could help? I'll try to take it back to Guitar Center if I find out she paid way too much. Thanks
    www.myspace.com/volinic
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    http://www.ovationguitars.com/img/2005pl.pdf

theres a link to their pricing sheet,you need acrobat reader to open it.

i didnt see a cc047 listed,but instead they had ck047's,three different models,prices were between 639.50-755.50.
  • http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=customerserv

There's some telephone numbers on that page. Try calling Kaman (Ovations conglomerate owner). Maybe you can find the history.

There's also a serial number history thing if you click on the faq's on that page.

If it's new,,, take it to Guitar Center. Now's the time to decide if want to keep it. I just got some money back from my local store because they charged me too much for a Line 6 live pedalboard vs Musician Friend. I didn't expect them to match it, but they got within 50 bucks.
    If you tell them politely that you found something similar at Musician's Friend, maybe they'll work with you.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Thanks for the info guys. This is a mysterious guitar. That guys' on Harmony was made in Indonesia and has better electronics. Mines made in Korea. That's still the closest to mine model # wise. Wish he had a pic. Well I'll figure something out. It is a nice guitar, I just don't like thinking my woman got ripped off.
    www.myspace.com/volinic