noise supressors

long road walkerlong road walker Posts: 352
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
alright, i have a distoriton pedal & chorus , but when i play in the studio, the fuckin feedback & buzzzing is so loud, now what do i do ??? do i have to buy a noise supressor or would buying a Chromatic tuner do the job (since im getting one anyway)

if so what kind of cheap noise supressor can i get

thanx
"no more crowbars to my head"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'm not sure.. i'd actually like to get some information on this too.

i have a 20 watt marshall that i get terrible buzzing on (dirty channel and clean channel), but my fender 100watt is amazing. maybe its the amp?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • alright, i have a distoriton pedal & chorus , but when i play in the studio, the fuckin feedback & buzzzing is so loud, now what do i do ??? do i have to buy a noise supressor or would buying a Chromatic tuner do the job (since im getting one anyway)

if so what kind of cheap noise supressor can i get

thanx
    the only way a tuner will cut back on noise is if you step on it and cut out EVERYTHING...doesn't cut back on noise otherwise.

a noise suppressor/noise gate cuts back on the noise when you're not playing...so if you are playing something and stop, it should cut back on the noise. The problem with these pedals is that they can suck your tone dry and cut back on your sustain.

i'd take a good look at your rig...guitar, pedals, cables, and amp. Single coils are gonna buzz, as are shitty pedals and bad cable connections into a bad amp. Take a look at that stuff and do some tinkering.

if that doesn't work, try out a suppressor and let us know how it worked out for ya.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • thanx i will do some tinkering, my brohter hads that buig blue ds-1 pedal he doesent get the buzzing , ill switch around some shit w him to find the problem, its only when i play loud in the studio, ill let ya know how it works out
    "no more crowbars to my head"