Guitar foot pedals for bass

FitzburghFitzburgh Posts: 29
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
will guitar foot pedals still sound good if I use them with my bass? I'm using a Boss DS-1 right now, but I'm thinking about getting the DigiTech X-Series Phaser after I get my new amp. The sound clips on the site seem cool, but I want to know if I the steps and whatnot will still sound the same with the lower frequencies.

Thanks in advance.
kthxbai
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Technically speaking, it will work just fine. Asthetically speaking... it depends on the pedal and your desired sound. Some guitar pedals don't have the super-low frequency response that you'd want for a bass, some do. The DigiTech X-Series pedals have a good reputation for being good, clean, full-range pedals, so chances are good that it would work well, but without trying it out, it's hard to say.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    The DigiTech X-Series pedals have a good reputation for being good, clean, full-range pedals, so chances are good that it would work well, but without trying it out, it's hard to say.

That's good to hear. The reviews on Harmony Central seems good, but you never know
    kthxbai
  • Ever try a Line 6 Pod for Bass? They have a petal control to go with it,... its pretty cool.
  • My favorite bass effect pedal is an MXR Dyna Comp (guitar compressor).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    My favorite bass effect pedal is an MXR Dyna Comp (guitar compressor).

I dunno, I don't really need a compressor since I'm not in a band.

I just started about 6 months ago, but the different sounds that can come out of a phaser appeal to me. ¬_¬
    kthxbai