Musicians Wanted

onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
any musicians in the phoenix area wanting to do some studio work please PM me. i'm looking for over 30 and under 50. part time or "after dinner" musicians are first choice. music is basically alternative but i'm looking for influences from the last 40 years to produce a more unique sound. you must be creative and able to contribute your own style without being told what to do.

my question for the board is: do you think there is a lot of talent gone unheard because of other obligations? (work; family; etc)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    fuck i wish i was in phoenix right now. there's nothing here but kids and unreliable old people.
    my question for the board is: do you think there is a lot of talent gone unheard because of other obligations? (work; family; etc)

damn right there is.

not that i'm some sort of amazing talent but i wish i could have more time to work on it.
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    i found a lot of talent in part time musicians. i tend to get a lot more done when i don't have to work around egos too.
    in my limited band experience, he got a lot done when people actually showed up. sometimes the drummer even had drums.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    exhausted wrote:
    in my limited band experience, he got a lot done when people actually showed up. sometimes the drummer even had drums.

drummers. don't get me started.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    always had one drummer and never had a problem with him..

bass players though........................
  • My mates band were auditioning drummers and one guy turned up with a keyboard, programmed it to drum sounds and proceeded to hit the keys.

I reckon they should have hired him, but they decided to go with an actual drummer, lame
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    any musicians in the phoenix area wanting to do some studio work please PM me. i'm looking for over 30 and under 50. part time or "after dinner" musicians are first choice. music is basically alternative but i'm looking for influences from the last 40 years to produce a more unique sound. you must be creative and able to contribute your own style without being told what to do.

If I could devote my time to forming a band and writing music, I would in a heartbeat. Work obligations can really suck sometimes.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    i'm just going to live vicariously through my child.
    BinFrog wrote:
    If I could devote my time to forming a band and writing music, I would in a heartbeat. Work obligations can really suck sometimes.
    one does not have to form a band to write music and release a cd. you can lay down a track in a studio; a drummer you never met can come in and lay down his track; bass player; vocalist; etc. john lennon would produce an entire song by himself. i can also email you a vocal track; you play over it and email it to a bass player; etc. i wake up in the middle of the night to write down lyrics. the devotion comes from within. obligations suck and come first; but doesn't have to stop you.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    one does not have to form a band to write music and release a cd. you can lay down a track in a studio; a drummer you never met can come in and lay down his track; bass player; vocalist; etc. john lennon would produce an entire song by himself. i can also email you a vocal track; you play over it and email it to a bass player; etc. i wake up in the middle of the night to write down lyrics. the devotion comes from within. obligations suck and come first; but doesn't have to stop you.

I have a multitrack recorder with a drum machine on it, and I play bass through a pitch filter w/ my guitar. It's a slow process, but I have recorded a good 8-10 songs.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    I have a multitrack recorder with a drum machine on it, and I play bass through a pitch filter w/ my guitar. It's a slow process, but I have recorded a good 8-10 songs.
    there you have it!