Tim Commerfords Double Wah

Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just saw this the other day. Tim Commerford of Audioslave has two crybaby bass pedals connected, with a board covering them to make one giant super-wah. Help me out here people. What is the point? What kind of different sounds can one achieve by doing this?
I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    SRV apparently did the same thing with a couple vox wahs. can't confirm that though.

i guess it would just exaggerate the hell out of the effect which, on bass, might be a reasonable proposition.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Well, even if it doesn't do much at least it looks cool :D
  • Hey Hitch-hiker! Hope you're doing great! I want to come back to Ireland! :cool: Those were some good times!

Actually Hendrix did that bit with 2 wahs here and there, too! Wider sweep and ,,,, uhh,,,, well, I don't really know why,,, so I'll shut up.

Frank Zappa used to use two onstage, too. One he would set to get that midrange sweet spot for that honking feedback,,, and the other to wah with.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • Cool! Didn't know Hendrix did that. Thanks for the info there.
    Bob, you should come back to Ireland. And we'll drink even more than last time :D

We could try to drink more than those English guys that were giving me a hard time at that burger place. Fooking American! :D

I think my tank was full enough of Guiness, though!

I think when I come back,,, we should go busking and make some Euros! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • I had a friend who would do this. You take one wah pedal and you turn it around. When you activate them, you get this cool effect where one pedal is increasing the sweep and the other one decreasing it. It sounds cool.

:)
  • on a related note, Frank Zappa introduced Jimi Hendrix to the wah pedal :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Hey Hitch-hiker! Hope you're doing great! I want to come back to Ireland! :cool: Those were some good times!

Actually Hendrix did that bit with 2 wahs here and there, too! Wider sweep and ,,,, uhh,,,, well, I don't really know why,,, so I'll shut up.

Frank Zappa used to use two onstage, too. One he would set to get that midrange sweet spot for that honking feedback,,, and the other to wah with.

Pretty sure Hendrix would run to wahs in a row, but they would be on opposite settings, one down the other up, etc..
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • I don't think Jimi used a double wah. In 1969-70 his setup would feature, in order:

A Vox wah wah
    A Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz
    A Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face
    A Univibe
    A Roger Mayer Octavia

I'm reading that he also occasionally used a Mosrite Fuzzrite, a Uni-Drive and a a Jax Vibra Chorus.

The Jax and the Univibe have pedal controllers which could be mistaken for wah wahs.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I had to resurrect this topic to show y'all Tims entire setup. This is fucking amazing: http://www.audioslaved.com/forum-21.html

Thats right he has a fucking Double-Necked bass, just like Derek Smalls