My guitars got wet :(

Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
This morning I discovered my parents left the skylight open in my den last night. My guitars are hanging on the wall just below it.
Oh yeah, this summer has been the rainiest summer in Ireland for about 60 years. It has rained every day without fail for the past 40 - 50 days. My old acoustic, and my strat caught a few drops. Thankfully the neck stayed dry.
My acoustic got the worst. It's pretty old and shitty, but I still love it, and don't want it to get any more shitty.
It was lucky I discovered it when I did though. A rather large puddle had formed on the floor and was edging it's way towards the socket board where my two amps were plugged in. Could've had a burned down house on my hands.
Anyway, just needed to vent a bit. Not a particularly angry post, but I feel angry :mad:
I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Ouch... THAT is a nightmare.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Sorry to hear that. As you said, it could've been worse, though, so it's a good thing you didn't lose more.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...