edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
whats up with Ed's new telecaster
what are some of the "specs" on it
and
is that a p90?

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/images7/kissimmee3.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it's not new...he's had it since (at least) the No Code days.

and i think i remember reading somewhere that he put a P-90 in the neck pickup...not sure though.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    its a 1963 black sparkle telecaster with a rosewood neck and a p90 in the neck position. thats all i know about it.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • its badass that's all i know
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • yah i was wondering because i have a black tele with rosewood fretboard
    and im gonna put a p90 in the neck position
    so while im at it i wanna put that who sticker on the pickguard
    but is it like sharpie or is it like a decal
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yeah, it's a P-90 and it's probably a lindy fralin P-90 like he uses in his SG's
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.