trumpet

why go home10why go home10 Posts: 5
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone play jazz trumpet, i do, just wonderin
is it just me or why dont bands like pearl jam come around more often???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• silassilas Posts: 23
    I tried, the jackass jazz band director at my school said there were too many drummers (one that wasn't very good and one that never came to practice) and told me to play trumpet (mind you, I can only read drum music, not music for trumpet [what i'm trying to say is I can't read the music that changes lines and whatnot]). Needless to say, I can't, and I don't think anyone can learn to play trumpet well in two days, lol.
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Originally posted by why go home10
    Anyone play jazz trumpet, i do, just wonderin

Hi. I used to play in school band (not the jazz band), but I switched over to percussion after 3 months. A couple of years ago, I got the itch and got a (used) Selmer Bundy for Xmas. I wanted to take lessons to avoid developing bad habits, but I don't have the time to play much right now, so as of right now, if I'm lucky, I can barely squeak out a Bb concert scale. When I get my own place and can make more noise (and get some lessons under my belt), I will slowly start creeping toward the opposite side of suck.

Feel free to pass on any tips for a beginner. :p
  • jazz trumpets are hard to find (or maybe our combo has bad luck). but we've had 2 trupet players leave our combo with out warning and have never shown up to a practice since :(
  • Originally posted by Anthropoid76
    jazz trumpets are hard to find (or maybe our combo has bad luck). but we've had 2 trupet players leave our combo with out warning and have never shown up to a practice since :(

I know what you mean, our combo has had the EXACT same thing happen to us!
    Abbruzzese is fosh!!!
  • Originally posted by bbruzze clues13
    I know what you mean, our combo has had the EXACT same thing happen to us!

wow thats funny. speaking of funny, our combo teacher looks just like one of the members of PJ. hahahahaha!
    wow thats funny. speaking of funny, our combo teacher looks just like one of the members of PJ. hahahahaha!

he looks like stoney!
    Abbruzzese is fosh!!!
  • you know he does!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Originally posted by silas
    I tried, the jackass jazz band director at my school said there were too many drummers (one that wasn't very good and one that never came to practice) and told me to play trumpet (mind you, I can only read drum music, not music for trumpet [what i'm trying to say is I can't read the music that changes lines and whatnot]). Needless to say, I can't, and I don't think anyone can learn to play trumpet well in two days, lol.

you made me laugh!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    you know he does!

they are both such good musicians too!
    Abbruzzese is fosh!!!
  • in my old jazz band, like all our trumpet players were really bad. its hard to listen to recorded stuff.
    Abbruzzese is fosh!!!