PJ Tribute Band

thatlawyerfckthatlawyerfck Posts: 47
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anybody here think a PJ tribute band would be a good idea. iknow some exist in the East Coast but i ma in San Francisco. i mean would anyone here go see a tribute? also, anyone out there interested?
let me know. i would be ed btw, he he.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Yeah, I'd go see a tribute band.

I'd be the one in the back saying, "Yeah, they played that part wrong."
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I'd be the one in the back saying, "Yeah, they played that part wrong."

I almost missed that part. lol

but anyway, I'm in one and a LOT of people come to see us. we play just about every weekend around Chicago-land and some road stuff. it's a lot of fun trying to put on an authentic PJ show and yes, as stated earlier, mistakes are well noted. (so we practice alot) keep in mind that all of us are or have been in all-original projects before and we still dabble in writing, but this is just a real fun way to get out and play real good music to real good people. believe it or not we do get shown lot's of love. PJ's fans are fucking awesome. anyway, check us out at http://www.evenflowrocks.com and maybe, who knows,, my wife has relatives in SF and we're trying to make a road trip of it! peace,Scott (i play the Mike parts)
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Originally posted by evenflowrocks

I almost missed that part. lol

but anyway, I'm in one and a LOT of people come to see us. we play just about every weekend around Chicago-land and some road stuff. it's a lot of fun trying to put on an authentic PJ show and yes, as stated earlier, mistakes are well noted. (so we practice alot) keep in mind that all of us are or have been in all-original projects before and we still dabble in writing, but this is just a real fun way to get out and play real good music to real good people. believe it or not we do get shown lot's of love. PJ's fans are fucking awesome. anyway, check us out at http://www.evenflowrocks.com and maybe, who knows,, my wife has relatives in SF and we're trying to make a road trip of it! peace,Scott (i play the Mike parts)

This made me smile, you guys do put on a great show, it's always a fun time. PJ fans ARE awesome!

Just do it lawyerf*ck!

:)
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by evenflowrocks
    it's a lot of fun trying to put on an authentic PJ show and yes, as stated earlier, mistakes are well noted. (so we practice alot) keep in mind that all of us are or have been in all-original projects before and we still dabble in writing, but this is just a real fun way to get out and play real good music to real good people. believe it or not we do get shown lot's of love. PJ's fans are fucking awesome.

Hell, I'd play in a PJ tribute band...

But I get to be Stone.

If you ever route through Montana, I'll be there, and I'll buy ya a round.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • 2italy2italy Posts: 39
    I don't know about it. it would be fun to do PJ covers but my opinion on covers is only do them if you can do them well... :)
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I'm trying to start up a PJ tribute for fun...only have a guitar player interested so far...I'm too busy with my original band. Alot of people say I sound like eddie....who knows, I just like Pearl Jam. Evenflowrocks I checked out your site....it looks pretty cool, looks like you guys have played some good shows. I don't think I'll be able to catch one of your shows though, considering I live all the way up in Canada. Keep on rocking brother
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Hell, I'd play in a PJ tribute band...

But I get to be Stone.

That's good to know, because I'd want to be mike. Not that we're forming a band or anything, but if we DID...then sign me up for mike. Lord knows I have enough pedals.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Posts: 662
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod

no need to get snooty
    The most remarkable thing about you standing in the doorway, is that its you, and that you're standing in the doorway.

I write down good reasons to freeze to death in my spiral ring notebook. But in the long tresses of your hair--I am a babbling brook.