Best cymbols to get

Roger DaltreyRoger Daltrey Posts: 83
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm gona buy a ride cymbol for christmas, any suggestions onto what brand i should get?
STOP BY MY MESSAGE BOARD-http://tabradi0.mine.nu/phpbb2/index.php

BYE EVERYONE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• what type of sound are you looking for?
    “ ahh…. Yaa…. If you trust me at all… if you wanna listen to me at all… which you certainly don’t have to. Speaking from experience I can tell you that things change. You could believe me, you don’t have to. They probably won’t change, unless you make them. The best way to change something around you, something you don’t like, is.. to change yourself. I don’t think you want other people changing you.. I think.. I think.. the only person you want changing you… is yourself. So if you ain’t happy…. If you’re reading magazines about generation x’s and thinking ‘ya im one of them’ well fuck that…. Don’t let anybody tell you who you are. No… No…. No one can tell me who I am. I can tell you who I am but that would be a long story… I can tell you who I am and it wouldn’t fit in a Rolling Stone…. It wouldn’t fit in a video… it wouldn’t… its my life…. Its your life. Youre the only one that knows who you are. I hope you know who you are. If you don’t know who you are, figure it out. Cause you are some body. And Im probably stating the obvious. But I just thought I would do it anyway. So if you fell like you got a piece of duct tape on your mouth, if you feel like you cant speak. Take it off, Speak up. Speak your Mind. Shout it Out. Let ‘em Hear Ya. Shout it out…… YAAA YAAAAA yAAAAAAAAAAA.” Eddie Vedder (Porch ’96 Randle Island 2)

10/22/03
    Ten, No Code, Vs., Yield, Riot Act, Vitalogy, Binaural

• I have a crash/ride now, but I don't want a ride that sounds like that, something lower than that, what does Matt Cameron use?

BYE EVERYONE
  • Live in the garden he used Zildjian Avedis 20" medium ride and he had been using it for quite a long time, but as you can clearly see on SYNERGY site on sony, for two boston shows he did use Zildjian K ride of same size and for VFC tour he used Z Custom ride....but probably A 20" medium ride would work best for you,you can crash it, it has nice wash but still recognizable stick definition and nice bell sound....

But i think that you should use your ears to guide you....
    me: www.myspace.com/mariomarcinek

my band: www.myspace.com/mofokillerain

official site: www.stonerock.sk
  • Actually, the ride Matt is using on MSG is a 21" Sweet Ride. He hasn't used a medium since the 2000 tour, though for much of that he also used a K and a 20" A Custom Ride, which was on the far right and often used as a crash. He also used a K ride for part of the VFC tour, until switching to the Z.

If your looking for a good ride, you just have to go to a drum store and play them till you find one you like. I personally have been playing drums for 20 years and just recently found the perfect ride for me, a 21" Sabian AAX Stage Ride, great ping and a nice wash. I also own the same A Custom Matt used, which has a lot more was and a very delicate ping.
  • If your looking for a good ride, you just have to go to a drum store and play them till you find one you like.

SO TRUE.

If there's a store near you that has a good selection, take your sticks down and hit a few of 'em. Try to figure out what you want as far as response (do you want the ability to crash it, or is it JUST a ride? How much ping, how much wash, and will you use the bell?) and look for a cymbal that responds like that.

Paiste, Sabian, and Zildjian are all good brands to look at. I am currently playing all Sabian cymbals, but I've been looking at dumping my ride cymbal for a Paiste Dry Ride. Mine has a good ping but WAY too much wash.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Actually, the ride Matt is using on MSG is a 21" Sweet Ride. He hasn't used a medium since the 2000 tour, though for much of that he also used a K and a 20" A Custom Ride, which was on the far right and often used as a crash. He also used a K ride for part of the VFC tour, until switching to the Z.

If your looking for a good ride, you just have to go to a drum store and play them till you find one you like. I personally have been playing drums for 20 years and just recently found the perfect ride for me, a 21" Sabian AAX Stage Ride, great ping and a nice wash. I also own the same A Custom Matt used, which has a lot more was and a very delicate ping.

how did you get the info about his cymbals? i didnt find it on zildjian...
    me: www.myspace.com/mariomarcinek

my band: www.myspace.com/mofokillerain

official site: www.stonerock.sk
  • I picked up the Zildjian 4-pro set. It had a ride and a crash in it and it was a lot cheaper than going with each seperate. The set cost $299 and it came with a free stand. I'm sure there are a lot better Zildjian cymbols out there, but I went with the cheaper one and got more!

BYE EVERYONE
  • I picked up the Zildjian 4-pro set. It had a ride and a crash in it and it was a lot cheaper than going with each seperate. The set cost $299 and it came with a free stand. I'm sure there are a lot better Zildjian cymbols out there, but I went with the cheaper one and got more!

A GOOD ride would cost about that much by itself...

But we all gotta start somewhere! Besides, that ride might be exactly the one for you.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • the thing about drumming is that there is no good or best anything. it all depends on what kind of sound you are looking for. usually brands such as zildjian, sabian, paiste have great marketed and good sounding cymbals. if price is not a factor i would go to a store and listen to different cymbals and see what you want
    “ ahh…. Yaa…. If you trust me at all… if you wanna listen to me at all… which you certainly don’t have to. Speaking from experience I can tell you that things change. You could believe me, you don’t have to. They probably won’t change, unless you make them. The best way to change something around you, something you don’t like, is.. to change yourself. I don’t think you want other people changing you.. I think.. I think.. the only person you want changing you… is yourself. So if you ain’t happy…. If you’re reading magazines about generation x’s and thinking ‘ya im one of them’ well fuck that…. Don’t let anybody tell you who you are. No… No…. No one can tell me who I am. I can tell you who I am but that would be a long story… I can tell you who I am and it wouldn’t fit in a Rolling Stone…. It wouldn’t fit in a video… it wouldn’t… its my life…. Its your life. Youre the only one that knows who you are. I hope you know who you are. If you don’t know who you are, figure it out. Cause you are some body. And Im probably stating the obvious. But I just thought I would do it anyway. So if you fell like you got a piece of duct tape on your mouth, if you feel like you cant speak. Take it off, Speak up. Speak your Mind. Shout it Out. Let ‘em Hear Ya. Shout it out…… YAAA YAAAAA yAAAAAAAAAAA.” Eddie Vedder (Porch ’96 Randle Island 2)

10/22/03
    Ten, No Code, Vs., Yield, Riot Act, Vitalogy, Binaural

• paiste is my personal favorite but sabian is really good

i hate zildian
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    get some a customs by zildjian. the most versatile in my opinion.
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley