Can anyone play even flow properly?

Pearl-FighterPearl-Fighter Posts: 46
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I got sick of internet tabs, because i always get wrong ones, so i bought the guitar tab book for Ten. I'm doing fairly well, but i cant seem to follow even flow. can anyone here play it? not that you'd really be able to help over the net but i'd like to know if its just me.
Leave your girlfriend on a cement floor...
Toronto 09/19/05
Toronto 05/09/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• practice practice practice. esp if you want to play it at warp speed like they do live. the album version is actually harder for me now that I've been playing it "live" speed for so long. Just bob your head to the groove ala Stone and it will come to you. that run Was a bitch thhough in hte beginning. you'll get it, I have faith. SCott
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • it's really not that hard of a song to play. The problem with the studio version is that it is recorded slightly sharp, so maybe that's why it sounds off.

Just watch mike and stone play it on the DVDs and learn from there. Also don't forget that Stone uses an open-D tuning (DADF#AD low to high).

good luck
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Ok, thanks alot, i'll do my best!
    Toronto 09/19/05
    Toronto 05/09/06
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    you're actually using the tab from the Ten book? the one that says it's 1/2 step down? that might be your first problem with playing it..
  • Originally posted by rickp
    you're actually using the tab from the Ten book? the one that says it's 1/2 step down? that might be your first problem with playing it..
    that was my first reaction as well. Go to http://www.giventowail.com for all you PJ tab needs.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Yeah, I xan play it just about good.
  • i've always had trouble with even flow. it doesn't sound too hard for me to play, i know i have the skill, but every tab i've ever seen sounds way off. i've kind of given up.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.
  • so, the even flow tab isnt right? I've just started the book and i've been doing alive, it seems perfect. i usually rely on the books. i HATE wrong tabs. i always want to improve by playing things the real way. is the rest of the book right?
    Toronto 09/19/05
    Toronto 05/09/06
  • for almost always accurate PJ tabs, go to http://www.giventowail.com

it's a great site.

• play it studio speed at first.

i cant stress this enough PRACTICE SCALES!!

once you nail the intro riff to e'fro, heres where mike mainly sticks to during his solos (live included)

on your high e-string 10th fret to 13th fret. use that scale. (i think, this is by memory).

fun song to play once you get more experienced, 10 minutes solo's of your own :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    I'm trying to learn Even Flow right now, I was getting pissed off at the intro riff because I couldnt get it to sound right no matter how much I slowed it down and worked it up to speed.

it says on the tab that the
    0-6-5-3-0---- is all picked out, but I dont hear it, there is no fucking way, but I started pulling off instead and it finally started to sound right, and watching stone, i think its what he does
  • the tab is a wee bit off.

mike's main riff is two frets higher.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Stone can play it properly.

hehehe...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • For help with tempo go to http://www.powertabs.net. You basically download free software and it plays the tabs for you.
  • You can play Even Flow in DADGAD too.