Getting a Boss Mega-Distortion pedal.

Pearl-FighterPearl-Fighter Posts: 46
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Im getting a Boss Mega-Distortion pedal because i HATE the distortion on my amp. I have a Fender 65 dsp an although i love fender guitars, i cant say too much for the amps. In clean the amp works good enough, but in distortion the notes just sound like noise, and not good noise, bad noise. The notes seem to get blurred and mixed together and it just sounds a mess. I've played on a Marshall amp and the sound was great, do u think the Boss Pedal will be any good?
Leave your girlfriend on a cement floor...
Toronto 09/19/05
Toronto 05/09/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    probably not. the DSPs just aren't a good basis to build any kind of tone on.
  • Ya, i see what you mean. Well, i want to get a Marshall, and i want to spend like $1000 (CDN). Any model recomendations, or other good amps for $1000?
    Toronto 09/19/05
    Toronto 05/09/06
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    not really. i've been playing the same amp for a few years now so i've out of the market.

it's really only the solid state fenders that suck. so you could look at the hot rod deluxe or blues junior maybe. or the peavey classis 30 which is a similar amp.
  • ok, cool. thanks.
    Toronto 09/19/05
    Toronto 05/09/06
  • Are Boss pedals good? Just wondering, i mean, it was the best distortion pedal i saw, but is it gonna hold up?
    Toronto 09/19/05
    Toronto 05/09/06
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I would rate Boss highly on their reliability and their ability to take a beating.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • awsome. Oh, also i play stuff like nirvana and pearl jam, is the mega distortion too much, should i go for the turbo-distortion instead?
    Toronto 09/19/05
    Toronto 05/09/06
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    dude if you're spending that kind of money on Boss pedals,

please go here first. http://www.robertkeeley.com you'll be glad you did. He builds pedals for Pete Frampton and Steve Vai of excellent quality. The tone you seek specifically the volume output you need to drive the shit out of your amp will be there.

If you're looking for amps under a grand there are hundreds for you to try out and we won't know exactly what you want but the fender deluxe RI is a good amp as is the Marshall DSL 40. But for the money, a Mesa F-30 or F-50 combo is probably the best for your dollar.

http://www.mesaboogie.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ok, cool. thanks alot
    Toronto 09/19/05
    Toronto 05/09/06
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    I was also going to suggest the Marshall DSL... i recently brought a Marshall TSL 602 and love it
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    The Keeley-modified DS-1 would be my recommendation. Especially for a transistor amp...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.