anyone want to pearl jam for fun in the philly area?

solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just seeing if there is anyone out there that wants to jam out to some PJ and have some fun. I'm in a classic/modern rock cover band now playing lead and rhythm guitar. We only do a handful of PJ tunes though so I'm not getting my fill. If anyone is out there and has some space to jam, it could be fun. It would be cool to have all the pieces but I would jam with anyone, if interested and not to far a drive.

thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    I had to update my profile to get PM messages. If anyone has PM'd me, please try again. Hopefully, there's a few guys out there that want to jam and make something happen.

Thanks.
  • Hate to get you all excited seeing that someone replied. Anyways, I'm trying to do the exact same thing cause I'm not gettin my fill either. And not just of PJ tunes, but grunge stuff in general. I'm from Detroit and have tried before to get a PJ tribute band together but to no luck. Recently I've tried to assemble a grunge tribute band to actually wear the outfits and wigs and everything and I think I might just pull it off! Anyways, good luck man. If Philly is anything like Detroit, you'll remain hungerin' for awhile.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
    Hate to get you all excited seeing that someone replied. Anyways, I'm trying to do the exact same thing cause I'm not gettin my fill either. And not just of PJ tunes, but grunge stuff in general. I'm from Detroit and have tried before to get a PJ tribute band together but to no luck. Recently I've tried to assemble a grunge tribute band to actually wear the outfits and wigs and everything and I think I might just pull it off! Anyways, good luck man. If Philly is anything like Detroit, you'll remain hungerin' for awhile.

Haha.. wasn't too excited. It's hard to find people with similar tastes that is why there is a "Behind the Music" :-). I was actually in a PJ Tribute band for about a year then we imploded. It was a lot of fun and we were actually pretty good. I have some demos that I'll post somewhere, if you are interested.
  • Love to hear em.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."

Forgot to mention that these are raw clips, unmastered. At the time, we didn't have the money to get them mastered but felt they were good enough for demos.
  • That's pretty cool. Sounds like you only had 1 guitarist, eh? That'd be pretty tough to do I think, but you pulled it off well. My band is also covering some PJ, but so far we've only done Alive. Hopefully when I get this grunge tribute band going we'll do a bunch of songs off of Ten and maybe Vs. I covered Even Flow alone with a bunch of crappy recording gear. You can hear it here.
    http://www.soundclick.com/heavymetalnyge
    That's pretty cool. Sounds like you only had 1 guitarist, eh? That'd be pretty tough to do I think, but you pulled it off well. My band is also covering some PJ, but so far we've only done Alive. Hopefully when I get this grunge tribute band going we'll do a bunch of songs off of Ten and maybe Vs. I covered Even Flow alone with a bunch of crappy recording gear. You can hear it here.

We actually had two. With my new band, we do about 5 PJ songs and I play the lead and some rhythm on all of them. I wish we did a mixdown on these demos so they sound more full with two guitarists but we were a very new band at the time and still trying to vibe with each other. I'll take a listen to your clip. Thanks.
    That's pretty cool. Sounds like you only had 1 guitarist, eh? That'd be pretty tough to do I think, but you pulled it off well. My band is also covering some PJ, but so far we've only done Alive. Hopefully when I get this grunge tribute band going we'll do a bunch of songs off of Ten and maybe Vs. I covered Even Flow alone with a bunch of crappy recording gear. You can hear it here.

Listened to your clip. Sounds pretty good with just you and your electric. You sing well too. Sounds like you were playing thru a Mesa or a 5150. Keep in touch and let me know how the grunge band goes. Too bad we aren't closer, we probably could re-make some PJ magic! :-)
  • Thanks for checkin it out. I know it does sound like a Mesa or something with a ton of distortion. I was actually using a Line 6 Spyder 112 (solid state)direct into a tascam 4 track. I had the amp on the most distortion I could get. I don't know why. I hated that amp anyways so I sold it on ebay and picked up my peavey classic 50 212 and a marshall jcm 900 SL-X and I A/B the two. You're right, it is too bad we aren't closer. I've been looking all over the place for players who are really into Pearl Jam, but anyone I find seems to be a beginner and not ready to play out yet. I'll let you know about that grunge band. In the meantime, if you want to check out the band I'm playing in now our website is http://www.kung-fujockeys.com I don't remember if I posted that before or not.
    Thanks for checkin it out. I know it does sound like a Mesa or something with a ton of distortion. I was actually using a Line 6 Spyder 112 (solid state)direct into a tascam 4 track. I had the amp on the most distortion I could get. I don't know why. I hated that amp anyways so I sold it on ebay and picked up my peavey classic 50 212 and a marshall jcm 900 SL-X and I A/B the two. You're right, it is too bad we aren't closer. I've been looking all over the place for players who are really into Pearl Jam, but anyone I find seems to be a beginner and not ready to play out yet. I'll let you know about that grunge band. In the meantime, if you want to check out the band I'm playing in now our website is http://www.kung-fujockeys.com I don't remember if I posted that before or not.

I was wondering if that was a Line6 amp. Was it the Line6 Insane model? That was a popular model on the Spider, if I remember. I'll check out your new band. My band doesn't have a site yet but our name is Strangest Tribe, ironically. :-)
  • Yes, it was the insane model. Good call.