GuitarCenter..

Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Have any of you had a local GC store find a specific guitar for you that they didn't have? If so, how quick do they usually get it? I realize locations, etc are different..I was just wondering if they usually do this rather quickly.

Our store here has a LP Classic Goldtop coming in for me to try out. They told me at the earliest friday morning to as late as tuesday afternoon.

Obviously I'm getting anxious. :eek:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Yeah, they don't have the LP-100 or the Jag-Stang but they said it would cost me just to have them ship one in so I didn't bother.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    That's called a SIT (Store Initiated Transfer).
    It depends on the store sending it.
    Usually takes 3 to 5 days (again, depending on when the store sending it sends it).
    It's not up to the store asking for it - it's up to the store sending it as to when it gets there.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • Wheel and deal bud!, start at 20% under what Music 123, or Musiciansfriend would sell it for.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    On the subject of wheelin and dealin', how low should you start?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Usually takes 3 to 5 days (again, depending on when the store sending it sends it).
    It's not up to the store asking for it - it's up to the store sending it as to when it gets there.

- Ian

That's kinda what I figured...he told me yesterday that it was on the way already. So I'm just hoping it's today. And of course hoping I like how it plays, its tone, etc etc.

I won't be afraid to walk if I don't like it.
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    Wheel and deal bud!, start at 20% under what Music 123, or Musiciansfriend would sell it for.

That shouldn't be a problem..but I agree with you. He was wanting me to get a Supreme and came off about 15% .
  • On the subject of wheelin and dealin', how low should you start?

Look it up on line. Take what musiciansfriend or some one equal to that, and what they are selling for. Then hack of 25%, they will shit a brick I'm sure. But they will counter. I wouldn't take the counter, unless it was extremely good.

If they aren't bugging much, then start having them throw in stuff (strap locks, box of strings, new tubes etc......).

Start looking for flaws in the finish etc..... to give you some leverage. Especially at places like guitar centers, where some of the top of the line stuff sits there for a year etc...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Drew263 wrote:
    Have any of you had a local GC store find a specific guitar for you that they didn't have? If so, how quick do they usually get it? I realize locations, etc are different..I was just wondering if they usually do this rather quickly.

Our store here has a LP Classic Goldtop coming in for me to try out. They told me at the earliest friday morning to as late as tuesday afternoon.

Obviously I'm getting anxious. :eek:

it's called a store initiated transfer or SIT. It's no big deal, it depends largely on the decentness of the salespeople on the other end doing the transfer and their shipping department, generally allow about a week.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    it's called a store initiated transfer or SIT. It's no big deal, it depends largely on the decentness of the salespeople on the other end doing the transfer and their shipping department, generally allow about a week.

I already said that :D
    ianvomsaal wrote:

- Ian
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    I already said that :D

oh sorry man, great minds and all :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.