My new toy...

Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    She's a beauty, take care of her!

Are you gonna keep everything stock?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    Novawind wrote:
    She's a beauty, take care of her!

Are you gonna keep everything stock?

I don't know. As far as right now yes..I may end up changing the pickups. I just don't know yet. I'm keeping an open mind to it really.

But it's sitting here next to me at work and driving me insane. I'm dying to get the hell out of here and play it.

:eek:
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Drew263 wrote:
    I don't know. As far as right now yes..I may end up changing the pickups. I just don't know yet. I'm keeping an open mind to it really.

But it's sitting here next to me at work and driving me insane. I'm dying to get the hell out of here and play it.

:eek:

I know the feeling. Such is the pitfall of having guitars delivered to the office!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Fuckin awesome! I love the look and sound of LPs.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Gold Top Classic Awesome!!

I just put some new pure nickle wrapped strings on my 87 LP studio. Les Pauls are just freaking lovely...this from a strat guy... :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • pj10alive42pj10alive42 Posts: 381
    you bastard...

beautiful!!!
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • HerboHerbo Posts: 63
    Drew263 wrote:

oh NICE !!

Just like a woman...sometimes it must be caressed...like a baby...other times.... you must thrash it like theres no tomorrow.
    Take a bottle drink it down..... pass it around !
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Drew263 wrote:

eh... never really liked goldtops.

Just kidding... Very nice score!
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • eek!
    "We were but stones, your light made us stars"

12-04-2005 - Rio de Janeiro
    11-06-2011 - Rio de Janeiro
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    very very nice. what model is that exactly? I think goldtop is possibly the best looking color for an LP (I had to settle for ebony since I bought mine used). may want to consider grover tuners if the stock tuners aren't that great.
    MLC2006 wrote:
    very very nice. what model is that exactly? I think goldtop is possibly the best looking color for an LP (I had to settle for ebony since I bought mine used). may want to consider grover tuners if the stock tuners aren't that great.

It's a Classic. Here's an actual pic I took once I got it home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Drew263/C.jpg
  • that one is pretty cool...
    les paul

my guitar teacher owns 3 of them...:p

still cool to have one:)
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
    that one is pretty cool...
    les paul

my guitar teacher owns 3 of them...:p

still cool to have one:)

well if you count my epi lp standard..i have 2 :p

my instructor had a '68 goldtop...in 1968. He sold it and now kicks himself daily for selling it. Yeah, I would too! :eek:
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    MLC2006 wrote:
    I hate to disagree (I own a goldtop), but I like the color on this Les Paul better (I own several LP's).
    Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus Limited Edition

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    I hate to disagree (I own a goldtop), but I like the color on this Les Paul better (I own several LP's).

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

yeah..my problem is..I like a lot of them. I also like Strats and Teles. So..financially..as you can see, I'm in trouble. :)
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    ianvomsaal wrote:

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

Desertburst?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Desertburst?
    NO, it's what Gibson calls an "Exclusive Faded Cherry Burst" - it's actually a Limited Edition (photo) guitar.
    I think they made around 50 or so of them.
    For some reason I seem to own quite a few non-standard Limited Run guitars (guess I'm quirky).
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    ianvomsaal wrote:

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

nah, I love all the burst colors, cherry, tobacco, etc. I even love the silver/black burst like the one Jones from Tool plays. but I'm not a big fan of how those "flames" or whatever it's called.
    MLC2006 wrote:
    nah, I love all the burst colors, cherry, tobacco, etc. I even love the silver/black burst like the one Jones from Tool plays. but I'm not a big fan of how those "flames" or whatever it's called.

Yeah, I was close to getting the honey-burst. I really like that color.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Drew263 wrote:
    Yeah, I was close to getting the honey-burst. I really like that color.
    It's awesome.

My favourite LP I've seen was my dad's old one (he sold it when I was 2) It was white with creme binding.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V