Les Paul on PBS tonight

Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I watched the first 30 minutes and tivo'd the rest. you know, it's almost disgusting to think about how much talent he has. not just musicianship, but pure ingenuity.

did you see the part where he went into a closet-type room of his there looked to be a hundred or more guitar cases stacked next to each other. he picks one out and says "this is a 1927, it's a real nice guitar". damn, can you IMAGINE some of the guitars he has?

also, wonder why Gibson never made a large production run of the early 70s prototype that he currently plays? afterall, they made the SG without his approval, why wouldn't they make THE one that he actually approves of most? it's a good looking guitar and sounds damn good.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    unfreaking believable.

breathtaking.

To say he is genius is redundant.

A must watch for any musician.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Just saw this, yeah it was great.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    MLC2006 wrote:
    I watched the first 30 minutes and tivo'd the rest. you know, it's almost disgusting to think about how much talent he has. not just musicianship, but pure ingenuity.

did you see the part where he went into a closet-type room of his there looked to be a hundred or more guitar cases stacked next to each other. he picks one out and says "this is a 1927, it's a real nice guitar". damn, can you IMAGINE some of the guitars he has?

also, wonder why Gibson never made a large production run of the early 70s prototype that he currently plays? afterall, they made the SG without his approval, why wouldn't they make THE one that he actually approves of most? it's a good looking guitar and sounds damn good.
    It didn't sell very well, according to the '50 Years of The Gibson Les Paul' book I have (great book by the way!)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    It didn't sell very well, according to the '50 Years of The Gibson Les Paul' book I have (great book by the way!)

Is that the book with Stone in it?
    Drew263 wrote:
    Is that the book with Stone in it?
    Ya there's a picture of him.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • les paul plays every monday night at the iridium jazz club in NYC. if you're in the area and you've never seen him play, do yourself a favor and go while there's still time. it's a life-changing experience.

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=xxx&query=search&interface=ticketweb&newhps=1&search=les+paul&x=11&y=5
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    les paul plays every monday night at the iridium jazz club in NYC. if you're in the area and you've never seen him play, do yourself a favor and go while there's still time. it's a life-changing experience.

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=xxx&query=search&interface=ticketweb&newhps=1&search=les+paul&x=11&y=5

Yup! I posted this in the I want a Les Paul thread a couple of days ago, too! There's nothing like sitting there at the Iridium and seeing F*n Les Paul, this piece of musical history, walk out and sit right in front of you. He could just sit there and not play at all and I would still say, "Awesome! Got my money's worth here!"

I think we're going up this Monday night for the late show. He sits for hours after and talks to people and signs autographs and guitars, and breasts! :D

He's just such a nice guy, too. He'll talk to you like he's known you for years.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXSXOAfB4U
    MLC2006 wrote:
    here's a video showing no only how awesome a guitarist he is, but also another invention of his. this is like a precursor to the Boss RC, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXSXOAfB4U
    That's AWESOME!