Good songs to cover...

lt_danglelt_dangle Posts: 6
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Myself, and some friends are starting a band and I was looking for some opinions on some good PJ songs to cover. We are decent musicians, but just wanted some songs to jam to get a little chemistry going. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    all of them...
  • woodsywoodsy Posts: 5
    2 my fav's are state of love and trust and roking in the free wolrd just to name a few.
    woodsy
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Everybody can jam out on RITFW... that's like the default jam song...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • woodsywoodsy Posts: 5
    Well he said he wanted chemistry and that is a good one to get everybody playing together. Read the question andf you might have some idea on whats going on dick.
    woodsy
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by woodsy
    Well he said he wanted chemistry and that is a good one to get everybody playing together. Read the question andf you might have some idea on whats going on dick.

Re-read my post, and you'll see that I was wholeheartedly agreeing with what you had said.

Don't be hatin', playa...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • ShwnShwn Posts: 37
    Rearviewmirror, and the others mentioned earlier are all good. Definitely play Rockin' in The Free World though, it's a good easy song to jam on.
    "One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
    -Between the Buried and Me
  • my band so far does a reeeeeeeeely kick ass "Down" and we finally found a singer so we'll see how that works out.

Karma police by radiohead, I am the Highway by audioslave, a few others we just jam to also.

if youre lookin for easy...

Daughter, Blood, Not For You, Whipping, Who You Are, Sometimes, MFC, Love Boat Captian, I am Mine, and a number of other PJ songs would be good.

if you can handle the breakdown solo in RVM by all means go for it :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Rocking in the Free World as mentioned just coz its realitively easy to pick up and is also a great song. every band covers betterman so id say tackle nothingmn i know that if i went out and saw a band playin that is be stoked, buts thats more a selfish indulgence really. i reckon lukin would also be good get everyone pumped up. what style music u guys interested in playing?
    "I wish I was Australian at home under the sun" Eddie- Perth 03
  • I need good songs to play by myself with either an acoustic or an electric...but it has to sound good by myself, just me and the guitar. there's a coffee house at my school that's probably coming up...Any suggestions?
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Rearviewmirror would be really good as far as building a little bit of chemistry, there's the jam in the middle where you guys can just go off.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    god's dice
    rival
    mfc
    save you
    ghost
    habit
    last exit
    rvm
    fukin' up (you can jam on this one for days)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Originally posted by BlindMelonade
    I need good songs to play by myself with either an acoustic or an electric...but it has to sound good by myself, just me and the guitar. there's a coffee house at my school that's probably coming up...Any suggestions?

nothing man
    youve got to hide your love away (admittedly its not PJ but y'know.)
    off he goes
    around the bend
    indifference

you could really just adapt any PJ song to an acoustic.
    seems that needlessly its getting harder