marshall half stack

sleeplikeadogsleeplikeadog Posts: 156
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey, does the $699 marshall half stack suck?? Does the clear channel sound thick and all that jazz? I'm pretty skeptical 'cause it's only 699 bucks, but also very hopeful because I'm poor. I don't wanna sacrifice sound for price though.

Anybody play/own one??
thanks for the help
Walking is still honest
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    You'll need to give us more info than that... like, model name/number? Link to a spec page?

But... If it's $700, it's gotta be solid-state, so that's one strike against it (in my book, if nobody else's) and Marshall recently has a piss-poor reputation, so two strikes.

Best bet for you, though, is to look for it on Harmony Central:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Marshall/
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Save your cash and shop the Used 50 watt JCM 900 market.

In fact you may look very hard at Carvins MTS series. They sound great and aren't expensive especially used.

Stay away from Marshall Solid State unless you just like that sound.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    it sucks. save your money.

the guitarist in my first band had one and it sounded horrible, and my combo amp at the time got as loud as that one, if not louder.
  • Bart138Bart138 Posts: 37
    I stay away from Marshall, period. The only good Marshall products tend to be at least 25 years old. There are exeptions, though.
  • first combo i owned. hated it. sucks.