Songs Requiring Capo

hey
i was wondering what songs people like to play which require a Capo..
im pretty new to guitar so im interested in learning some new songs

thanks in advance - sorry for the lame post, maybe theyll get better as i do. cheers.
COWABUNGA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hey
    i was wondering what songs people like to play which require a Capo..
    im pretty new to guitar so im interested in learning some new songs

thanks in advance - sorry for the lame post, maybe theyll get better as i do. cheers.

i think if you search, you'll find this exact same thread was started a month or so ago, but:

hallelujah- jeff buckley

nothingman- pearl jam(also, tune 'b' string up to 'c')

my darling- wilco

walls- tom petty

naked as we came- iron & wine

...and hundreds more

i personally like to play the cure's 'just like heaven' with the capo on the 2nd fret. that way, you can use the G,D,A minor and C shapes.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    A lot of Lennon stuff is using a capo. Do a search as some one else just mentioned!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • WhiteMaleRatWhiteMaleRat Posts: 301
    in that thread someone mentioned All or None? is that right?
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• in that thread someone mentioned All or None? is that right?
    yeah, Stone's part uses a capo on the 4th fret. The tuning (before using the capo) is: C#ADGBE....therefore once the capo is on the 4th fret the tuning is: FC#F#BD#G#.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    Heard of a band called Gomez? Great band from the UK
    Listen to These 3 sins or Catch me Up. Standard tuning capo 4th fret
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    Also Led Zeppelin's That's The Way can be played with a capo on the 2nd fret in open E tuning. I think on the record its just open G and down half a step