Could Anybody Help With A Band Name?

markmark Posts: 21
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey.im in a new band and can't think of a decent name. our music is quite mellow and melodic. any suggestions?
EVENFLOW MEMBER #015

can't get much more WAAAHild than this!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TavTav Posts: 63
    mark wrote:
    hey.im in a new band and can't think of a decent name. our music is quite mellow and melodic. any suggestions?

If you can't come up with a name what hope do you have for coming up with songs and lyrics? Why not try and pick a name from one of your songs or lyrics. Make it something memorable but don't worry about it being amazing. After all there are many succesful bands with really crummy names.
  • markmark Posts: 21
    Tav wrote:
    If you can't come up with a name what hope do you have for coming up with songs and lyrics? Why not try and pick a name from one of your songs or lyrics. Make it something memorable but don't worry about it being amazing. After all there are many succesful bands with really crummy names.
    no. song writing i can do. believe me. its just a want to see the sort of thing other people would like to hear. its more for the audience!!
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #015

can't get much more WAAAHild than this!
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    So they have something mighty to chant at you when you rock out?
  • i've always had a fav kicking around ....here goes "suzy facewash and the meat curtains" ..........i've always found that one funny as hell!!! but it could work for ya !!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    here were a few of my suggestions before my band settled on a name....
    the rubber band, grass cabinet, radiact, neo stat, dog meat symphony...enjoy!

u better become famous with one of those names.
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • mark wrote:

MARKing your territory
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • Make a list of adjectives and a list of nouns. Then make one of those random name generators. Put band member names (or friends or family) in until you find something you like.
  • Dramamine.

Like the Modest Mouse song...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.