"Cheap" things you love!!

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
What's something that you have or have played that is very inexpensive but you just love.

Mine is my Washburn acoustic! Action is very low for an acoustic and the neck is thin. I love it to death. The only problem with it is that the sound is a LITTLE bit darker than I like out of an acoustic but for the price, it's perfect!! I find myself playing this guitar the most out of all my guitars. I got it handed down to me when my uncle died, apparently he used that guitar everywhere he went. It's only $240 new! :D

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-D10S-Acoustic-Guitar-?sku=515152
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• my ebow.
  • My Danelectro Double Cutaway, No matter what other guitar I have, I have to always turn back to that. Its one of those $250 dollar ones they started to make again in what '98 or '99?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I didn't like it too much for about the first year and a half I had it, but I have this $250 Alvarez acoustic that has been growing on me lately
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    tacos off a roach coach
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    My DS-1. My least expensive pedal and the one thats on the most.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • hookers....oh...i mean jap strats (cheaper than american anyways)

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I unfortunately have expensive taste, so I'll have to say my Teal SG Special, bought used for $600!
  • J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
    The Epiphone Valve jr. head.

Cheap hookers would get you in trouble I think harrison........
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    the guitar i found in the attic. a 1970's ariana classical guitar. made in japan it lived in a 100 degree attic for 20 years and still holding together. i spent $50 replacing the tuning machines and having the action adjusted. it was the first guitar of my own and i will always play it. its a great judge of my writing, if it doesnt sound good on that guitar, its not that good.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • GummiBeerGummiBeer Posts: 189
    Sex...lol

I love a lil 8" b8 pro splash cymbol i have...paid 25 bux for it
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05
  • My Smokey Amp. Sounds cool running through straight into the speaker in my Reverend Hellhound combo.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    columbus les paul copy. never lets me down when the more expensive stuff does.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    My Smokey Amp. Sounds cool running through straight into the speaker in my Reverend Hellhound combo.

Hell yeah!!
    Me as well, it is the best bang for the buck out there.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
    I have the original run (yes, it had more than one variation) of the DOD Grunge Pedal. Bought it at a pawn shop for $20 in 1994ish.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • JofZ wrote:
    Hell yeah!!
    Me as well, it is the best bang for the buck out there.

The Smokey or the Reverend?

My other amp is a Mesa Boogie Studio .22 covered in cream tolex. It's also got a gain mod added on by a local luthier/tech guy. Got it for $300 a few years back.
    The Smokey or the Reverend?

My other amp is a Mesa Boogie Studio .22 covered in cream tolex. It's also got a gain mod added on by a local luthier/tech guy. Got it for $300 a few years back.

The Smokey!
    I have too many amps, some super expensive and the Smokey gets played often :)
    My dog and wife like it LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • JofZ wrote:
    The Smokey!
    I have too many amps, some super expensive and the Smokey gets played often :)
    My dog and wife like it LOL

The guy I bought it from ran it through a 4 x 12 cabinet. Really cool fuzz sound.
    The guy I bought it from ran it through a 4 x 12 cabinet. Really cool fuzz sound.

Yes sir! Fuzz all the way, and I have a couple buddies that gig with smokeys on a regular basis. It is really the best bang for the buck and you can play in your car :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• My 4-piece black Yamaha Stage Custom set. Bought it used for $299. Still using it, still love it.
  • JofZ wrote:
    Yes sir! Fuzz all the way, and I have a couple buddies that gig with smokeys on a regular basis. It is really the best bang for the buck and you can play in your car :)

Link to this amp please
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Link to this amp please

http://www.smokeyamps.com/
  • moster78 wrote:

Now don't tell the wife, I'm looking at amps!!

• How many watts are they? I wanna get one with that guitar strap :)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    A Voodoo Labs Proctavia pedal I got from eBay for $60. Definitely one of the best octavia pedals being made today and I scored it pretty cheap.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I still play my crappy cheap-ass Fender acoustic. For a $150 guitar it sounds and plays pretty good...that is until I play something else and am like "damn, mine sucks balls!"
    As soon as I get the money that beautiful new Taylor 700 series is mine! Hell, I may settle for the 500...
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    my Honer Guitar that i bought of my cousin for $150, and this amp he gave me for free, which is just the case of one amp, and the speaker from another, thrown together, the best part about it is that the speaker doesnt even fit in the case
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
    How many watts are they? I wanna get one with that guitar strap :)

Watts?
    Maybe .00012 LOL
    Cranked you can still talk over it.

Make'N Music has a few of the hard to find Cig boxed ones. I have never seen the strap, it kinda reminds me of Jack Black for some reason :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• my fave is my Squier Wayne's world strat.... pretty much defines what a 12 year old's first guitar should be ... a little cheesy, but man has it held up

definitely a better build quality then any Squier and most MIM strats i ve ever come across. neck is great, P/u ok, body weight is heavier then expected.

i ve worn the frets down to nothing. It's definitely my reminder of how much passion i put into music in my youth. This guy took as much abuse as i could dish out.

and it's got the vitalogy sticker below the trem, from the day i bought the album.
  • This is off topic, but can anyone give me a ballpark figure on what a Boss DM-3 analog delay pedal might bring in?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    $150-$200US or so. maybe less depending on condition.