what do you guys think about this head?

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,132
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-MAR-AVT150H.html

i want that one!!

although the sound of the JCM800 and the Plexi's sound amazing...a) they are way too expensive and b) they only have 1 channel

i like this one...anyone have it? lemme know
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ????????????????????????
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Sorry, I'm swearing off Marshall amps.

In fact, I got one I'm trying to sell...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Sorry, I'm swearing off Marshall amps.

In fact, I got one I'm trying to sell...

hey MIG, always got respect for your opinion, so why no to marshall?? just curious, not doubting your expertise by any means...noticed the anti marshall posts lately!
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    A friend of mine used to have the 100w AVT head. 1 out of 10 nights, it sounded amazing. However the other 9 lifless-sounding performances were so bad I wouldn' t redcommend it to anyone.

By the way, it was not one special setting that did it. You could write down every knob setting, meticiously (sp?) recreate it the next day and it made a sound like a pile of dung with a broken banjo.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I don't think a whole lot about it unfortunately. Sorry.

I don't have much experience with that range. The sounds are decent and if you like it go for it. Most of us that have issues have issues with Marshalls continued quality control issues. It seems accountants run that company not engineers. Too big for thier britches so to speak. Marshall and Gibson have pretty much followed the same business plan. They were cutting edge 40 years ago, now they are doing a lot of trading on thier names and finding ways to cut corners.

It's a fine amp if you like it go for it the acoustic channel is pretty cool, I think if you are going to spend that kind of cash and go with solid state Line 6 is a much more viable option.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • great head
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • hey MIG, always got respect for your opinion, so why no to marshall?? just curious, not doubting your expertise by any means...noticed the anti marshall posts lately!

Like Paco said, mostly quality-control and reliability issues.

Also, I've decided I don't really care for the British sound. I love their speakers (Celestion) but don't care for their bottles (EL-34's).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.