Dont You HATE it when...

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,132
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
the strings gather all the dirt from your hands and the dirt shows up under the strings and on the fretboard

i hate it!!! i just put my pick along beneath the strings and so much dirt came out
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    C-L-O-T-H....

Not that I use one myself :o
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    haha yea.. well cleaning a fretboard with grime and shit on it is like a good workout to me.
  • covincovin Posts: 42
    Yeah, it can get pretty nasty...I usually wipe the fretboard over with lavender oil every few months with a soft cloth. Cleans everything right off and makes the wood last longer and feel smoother.

It also makes my case and guitar smell like a beautiful garden. (the oil will smell bad at first, but that's just because it's super concentrated)
  • when the strings gather all the dirt from your hands and the dirt shows up under the strings and on the fretboard

AHHH!! GAHHH. Yes i do hate it! How do u know these things about me?!
    I play a les paul and its the dirt that get between the pickups that gets me!
    And no matter how much i clean it always comes back!!! Always!! Am i cursed to live like this.....?
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    I hear you. I had the dust and crap that ALWAYS collects by the bridge and inbetween the pickups on my telecustom. It's bad because it's black, totally noticable.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    covin wrote:
    Yeah, it can get pretty nasty...I usually wipe the fretboard over with lavender oil every few months with a soft cloth. Cleans everything right off and makes the wood last longer and feel smoother.

It also makes my case and guitar smell like a beautiful garden. (the oil will smell bad at first, but that's just because it's super concentrated)

Lavender oil hey? I have used Olde English oil on my mustang, it worked pretty good.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Oh, today i took the scratchplate of my les paul. Damn was it nice to clean the dirt underneath there! Plus i think the guitar looks better without one.
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    I ALWAYS wipe down the strings straight after playing.....keeps 'em going longer.....mine seem to always collect a large amount of hash for some reason ;)
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    lick your fingers...
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    get some bloody cloth and swipe it man! :) the strings'll last longer and they'll sound ten times better.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"