Another Thread

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,133
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
yes another thread by me...

but anyone know what mike and stone used during the 94 tour, im listening to the atlanta show from 94, and i love their tone...its hard yet its not to hard to make your ears hurt
amps? guitars? pedals?
thanks
joe
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Their gear was basically the same from Ten though a little different. Mike was playing strats mostly still though he used a Les Paul for "Animal" and "Rocking In The Free World. Stone was all Les Paul.

Both of them used Marshall JCM 800 stacks for dirty and Fender amps for their cleans. Mike used a bassman and Stone used a Deluxe reverb. They had pan pedals to switch between the amps or blend them.

Mike had Dunlop Wah, and a Dunlop Rotovibe.

Stone had the pan pedal and chorus pedal. and had added a Dunlop wah.

I'm not sure if eddied had started playing onstage at this point.
  • Their gear was basically the same from Ten though a little different. Mike was playing strats mostly still though he used a Les Paul for "Animal" and "Rocking In The Free World. Stone was all Les Paul.

Both of them used Marshall JCM 800 stacks for dirty and Fender amps for their cleans. Mike used a bassman and Stone used a Deluxe reverb. They had pan pedals to switch between the amps or blend them.

Mike had Dunlop Wah, and a Dunlop Rotovibe.

Stone had the pan pedal and chorus pedal. and had added a Dunlop wah.

I'm not sure if eddied had started playing onstage at this point.

thanks man
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    That was the first tour Ed started playing guitar I think. It was right before Vitalogy came out. They did Betterman for the first time at that show I think.

I sure am glad 99X decided to record those.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Yeah you're welcome man. I think their tone is this next tour will something to be reckoned with as well. Eddie has gotten so much better on the guitar. It took him years but he finally figured out what a toggle switch is for.
  • Yeah you're welcome man. I think their tone is this next tour will something to be reckoned with as well. Eddie has gotten so much better on the guitar. It took him years but he finally figured out what a toggle switch is for.
    i liked Ed's tone on the VFC tour...MUCH MUCH better than his tone on the 2003 tour (i didn't care much for it).
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    *cough* Tubescreamers *cough*

The Marshalls are the one big thing they had back in the day that they don't have now... it's actually had quite the impact on their live shows.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • *cough* Tubescreamers *cough*

The Marshalls are the one big thing they had back in the day that they don't have now... it's actually had quite the impact on their live shows.

mike still uses his marshall SLP head

and they still use their TS9s now
  • i liked Ed's tone on the VFC tour...MUCH MUCH better than his tone on the 2003 tour (i didn't care much for it).

I haven't heard his tone from the VFC tour at all. I was referring to I guess 94-00' where his tone was pretty much distorted neck pickup on various guitars.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    mike still uses his marshall SLP head

and they still use their TS9s now

I thought he was down to the Matchless and the VHT, with the Trentino on the side...???

Mike is still using a TS-9 (and has had TS-808 phases, too) but Stone uses a combination of compression and boost with his amps' natural overdrive.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I thought he was down to the Matchless and the VHT, with the Trentino on the side...???

Mike is still using a TS-9 (and has had TS-808 phases, too) but Stone uses a combination of compression and boost with his amps' natural overdrive.

im not sure i just checked on giventowail.com and your right about 2003 but i was on mikes side during the reading show at VFC and i thought a saw a marshall head somewhere on his side, i dont remember where exactly though cuz i wasnt thinking about it