I Played a Mode Four today

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,132
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i only got 5 minutes though because some guy was gonna buy it so he had to try it out

its a great amp...you really dont need the 350watts though...its not as good as the plexis or the jcm800 but its the next best...the clean sound was beautiful, just stunning i did notice though that after u hit a high note continously it started to static in the backround just a little, maybe it was just that model in the store...the overdrive was decent, better than my practice amp, LOL anything is better than it

again i only got 5 minutes, and there was so many things to do on it i probably only got to try about 1/64 of the whole head...but it can go from anything from clean to blues to alternative to hardcore to death metal...the guy told me it has a "jcm800" and a "plexi" setting, thats pretty cool...the solo level knob on it really doesnt do anything except add more gain and volume...it has 2 preamps but 4 channels, clean, crunch, OD1, OD2...OD2 had more of a metal sound....

i was satisfied with it, i think marshall made one of their best NEW amps to come out...better than the TSL, AVT, MG, DSL

the only reason i wouldnt get it, its 1500$ just for the head and then 1000$ just for the cabinet
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I can dig big watts for headroom...but 350 watts is overkill of the highest order. We're talking Spinal Tap proportions...lol :)

Good to see Marshall competing with all of the crazy amps coming out these days though. Funny thing is...SO many boutique amp builders are doing their version of the plexi circuits :). A case of imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?

Glad you liked the amp! I'd personaly like to have an amp with 2 JCM 800 circuits that I could dial in differently. :)
  • enharmonic wrote:
    I can dig big watts for headroom...but 350 watts is overkill of the highest order. We're talking Spinal Tap proportions...lol :)

Good to see Marshall competing with all of the crazy amps coming out these days though. Funny thing is...SO many boutique amp builders are doing their version of the plexi circuits :). A case of imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?

Glad you liked the amp! I'd personaly like to have an amp with 2 JCM 800 circuits that I could dial in differently. :)

I'd like a 1959 Super Lead Plexi Head with a 1960A Cab with a Hiwatt Custom 100 watt head with an Orange Cab...ahhhh if only i had money
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • joe we should peddle drugs or something..

so many things we "need" like this.

:cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    A Hiwatt through an Orange is a beautiful thing. That was my rig at one point. Right now, i am running a Savage Blitz 50. I have it for sale, but f it doesn't sell, i might have it modded since it's basically a JTM-45 circuit. I'm good friends with the guy who builds Budda amps...I'm sure that he could do something real nasty to this amp :)

I'm also picking up another Wizard rig in a few weeks. Wizards are sick. :)
  • enharmonic wrote:
    A Hiwatt through an Orange is a beautiful thing. That was my rig at one point. Right now, i am running a Savage Blitz 50. I have it for sale, but f it doesn't sell, i might have it modded since it's basically a JTM-45 circuit. I'm good friends with the guy who builds Budda amps...I'm sure that he could do something real nasty to this amp :)

I'm also picking up another Wizard rig in a few weeks. Wizards are sick. :)

what type of drugs we talking? 4/20 is coming up ;) lol

wait, U HAD A HIWATT WITH AN ORANGE CAB?!?! WTF! WHY DIDNT YOU KEEP IT?!?!?!?!!?!

god i need money, i only have a Marshall MG10 Mini Amp...lol it sucks so bad, although the clean channel is pretty decent...

i got around 500$ saved up now after i got my SG...and i dont think im gonna have money for a Marshall Plexi or Hiwatt with a Orange Cab...maybe a 2-10 or 4-10 fender tube combo amp...like the fender concert reverb 4x10 combo its like 1200$...i would get a half stack with the money but the only good half stacks or full stacks i like are too much money :(
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    HHV, Enharmonic is selling his Blitz 50 pretty damn cheap considering the quality. You should look into it. Hell we all should look into it.

It's a phenominal amplifier from Savage amps of Minnesota. Stone Gossard has used the Blitz 50 quite a bit.

Oh also HHV if you like Hiwatts you should look up Reeves amps. Marshall builders are a plenty of course. I saw a guy with a beautiful Germino into 1x12 bogner cab last friday. You can actually get used HW's fairly cheap when you can find them. Look for Fane or Celestion Greenback speakers.

Enharmonic, interesting you know the builder of Budda Amps, thier stuff is excellent, I like it, but.....is there any reason behind the Purple?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.