im changing my whole setup

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,134
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i decided i need a change...im selling all my pedals to a few friends of mine and im gonna start of new...of course im keeping my Fender Fat Strat
in a few months ill have money to pay my cousin for the Teal SG he has been keeping for me since he works at a guitar place and he got me a sweet deal a few months ago, he told me once i get the money i should give it to him and then he will gimmie the sg...:D
anyway...im keeping 2 pedals of mine...crybaby 535q and boss ds-2

im working and in august im getting paid 1000$ for the month to do work on my dads house...plus another few hundred for working this month and july...plus a few hundred i have in my account

by the end of the summer my set up should be: * = what i will be getting
Fender Fat Strat
Gibson SG Teal Special
Squier Tele (changed neck pickup to humbucker)
Schecter PT*
Traynor 40 watt 2x10 amp*
Ibanez TS9*
Boss DD-3*
MXR Phase 90*

i decided if i dont like the way the DS-2 sounds on my traynor im going to sell it and find another distortion pedal, because it sounds soso on my mini marshall amp...and i always want to have 2 OD/Dist pedals for different tones

i hope i can do it all financially...maybe by my next birthday (next june) ill be getting a epiphone or gibson les paul, depends how much money i got if im still going ot be working during school

i hope it all works out :)
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,131
    sounds like you have it all figured out. you will love the teal sg, i got mine in september and i LOVE it. not only does it rock hard, it just looks so damn cool when the stage lights hit it.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • sounds like you have it all figured out. you will love the teal sg, i got mine in september and i LOVE it. not only does it rock hard, it just looks so damn cool when the stage lights hit it.

thats why i wanted it, the color looks so different in many different angles
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,131
    sometimes it is the brightest blue and others it is a nice dark green. mine is blue most of the time but changes when the light hits it.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    You should trade in that Squier Tele for a Fender Tele. I truly do not like Squier. I got Squier Precision Bass and it sounds soo bad.
  • Nevermind wrote:
    You should trade in that Squier Tele for a Fender Tele. I truly do not like Squier. I got Squier Precision Bass and it sounds soo bad.

With a little work, there's nothing wrong with a Squire. If you gut the wiring and replace the pickups, they're usually not that bad. I have a Squire Strat that I dropped some new pickups in [a Lace Sensor Gold (neck), DeMarzio Virtual Vintage (mid), and Seymoour Duncan Hot Rails (bridge)] and it sound great now. Bang for the buck, Squires aren't a bad deal.

HailHailVitalogy: Good choice on the Traynor.....you'll dig it.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Nevermind wrote:

I'm with LemonYellowSun on this one. It's very possible to get a really nice Squier. The chances of getting a good guitar are better when you look at the standard and American Fenders, but if you take your time and play a few, you might find a Squier that kicks the pants off a $1500 American Fender. Do a pickup swap, and maybe replace some of the hardware (tuners and bridge saddles especially) and you're in business for a lot less than the big boys.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    I might do that to my Precision then but first im going to need a new neck.
    Nevermind wrote:
    I might do that to my Precision then but first im going to need a new neck.

Hey, you never know, you might actually have a lemon. Basses especially are hard to do cheap. What's wrong with yours? You mention needing a new neck, why? What sounds bad about it?
    The pickups are cheap and me and my friends were drunk and I smashed it.
    Nevermind wrote:
    The pickups are cheap and me and my friends were drunk and I smashed it.

Well, you'd spend more on a new neck than it's worth. Especially if you were unhappy with it in the first place, I'd start from scratch.

Maybe an OLP bass would be a good option for an econo bass for you...
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I'd lose one of those guitars and get a better amp if I were you...but otherwise, it looks like you're going to be busy learning a lot of new gear :)

Very cool
  • im keeping the squier tele no matter what, i dont play it anyway, it was a gift and a memory i have hanging on my wall
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    enharmonic wrote:
    I'd lose one of those guitars and get a better amp if I were you...but otherwise, it looks like you're going to be busy learning a lot of new gear :)

Very cool

I'd keep the amp, it's very good.

But,

I would buy one of the guitars, play it a lot for awhile, and then get the other one. That way you won't spend too much time fiddling with sound, and more time rawking out.
  • you guys think i should tell my cousin to forget the teal sg? (850$) and just get the schecter pt (400$) ??

it would help out a lot BUT the teal is a discontinued color and extremly hard to find
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Don't forget the guitar, just wait a little while. Also, get the SG, and wait for the Schecter. The SG will be rocking sweet.
    Don't forget the guitar, just wait a little while. Also, get the SG, and wait for the Schecter. The SG will be rocking sweet.

A Gibson over a Tele? Blasphemy!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    you guys think i should tell my cousin to forget the teal sg? (850$) and just get the schecter pt (400$) ??

it would help out a lot BUT the teal is a discontinued color and extremly hard to find

The teal ones sound better too! :)