Score!!

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,134
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, not really a score as in HUGE but pretty good

But I was driving to CVS and I saw Yard Sale...so I stopped by as they were putting things away and i see....

Fender Custom Tele sitting on the table, and I said do you have any information about it? And this woman said that her son is selling all this stuff because he needs money to go to college, and that he never really cared for the guitar so he is trying to sell it.

It was in the exact red color that you see on musiciansfriend...its exactly that, 400$ on musiciansfriend...i asked her how much and she said 70$ :D

then I saw Line 6 Spider 2 amp...30 watts....got that for 30$

and then, an original crybaby for 20$

now you are all thinking that this is for me...i actually thought of a great idea since i dont need any of this stuff....so i have a little cousin about 10 or 11 (eek i forget, haha :) ) and he always wants to play my guitar and learn to play...so im going to give him the Guitar and Amp for Christmas and maybe he will get lessons from other people in the family. And then his birthday is in April so i'll give him the crybaby then

brand new that stuff is 675$...got it for 120$ :D
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Man thats awesome,

But it's way more awesome that your giving it away. That rules man.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    awesome deal, good idea to pay it forward too, and the stuff is in the family. You could always get the wah modded too it's a great canidate for serious upgrading.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    How come all I ever find are dogs playing cards and ugly ass lamps?

Great score!!!!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • JofZ wrote:
    How come all I ever find are dogs playing cards and ugly ass lamps?

Great score!!!!

Nice score, and kudos to giving away!

JofZ,,, that IS however where I got my velvet Elvis,,, and I've kind of grown to like that thing! :D
    I still don't have much appreciation for the sad clown on velvet, though! :)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

JofZ,,, that IS however where I got my velvet Elvis,,, and I've kind of grown to like that thing! :D
    I still don't have much appreciation for the sad clown on velvet, though! :)

I am looking for a nice vintage 70's leisure suit, onw would think they would be easy to score :)
    A velvet Elvis, now that is something you have to post pics of.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • That's a good score.

I would beg to differ on the amp if it was for you. That amp is good for nothing if you've been playing for awhile.

It'll be good for your cousin though.

:)
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    awesome deal, good idea to pay it forward too, and the stuff is in the family. You could always get the wah modded too it's a great canidate for serious upgrading.

yeah it thought it was a great deal...although i had to uh, test it out :D

haha

but yeah im sure he will be very happy with it...ill show him all the things the amp can do...and my Uncle plays acoustic a lot so maybe he can help his son (my cousin) with a few chords and stuff, but i think he will be gettings lessons

i wanna have someone to jam with!! haha
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore